X L I I

[author's note: italicized parts are flashbacks]

Jia's POV.

Weeks and weeks of my observation passed and then TRC determined her strength. They decided to give her a specific set of training which includes holding and using knives, swords and anything sharp.

days turned into weeks, and weeks became months... every day, without a rest she was forced to undergo a physical fight against the other agents who are much older and stronger than her.

She's striving hard to get out and survive the glass cage wielding different knives... every single day.

It took her approximately 7 months... to master self-defense and using daggers.

It must feel like the end for her... but it's just the beginning of her REAL training...

"Another training!? I barely survived the previous one Jia and you're telling me I'll undergo another one!?" she cried.

"you're just getting... started" I said, almost in that a whisper.

I pity her... I don't like the fact that I see myself in her. I've been through the same exact sht she's going through right now... and I know how hard it is better than anyone.

I'm doing everything to help her, yet none of those are enough to even... to even at least... lighten this bullsht she's facing.

Her shoulders fell in disbelief. It's almost as if the world crumpled on her. Her silent cry filled the room as I was left sitting across her... devastated as I stare at her.

I was once like this... and no one was there for me like how I do for her.

"you can do this La Yih... you have to... it's the only way to survive"

and so her real training began...

She's exceptionally attractive, and TRC decided to make use of that beauty by honing her manipulation skills.

From a sweet-looking young lady, they turned her into a cunning woman.

more months passed, she was kept hidden training underground.

I go to missions, doing all the best I can to be the strongest assassin of TRC, so that at least I'll keep all of them away from killing. I worked so damn hard so that they'll assign me to all the work outside.

I worked so hard that I lost track of her...

One day it just came to my knowledge that the Liu La Yih I knew is long gone...

and The Rose Corp's Lai has been pronounced.

once TRC gives their agents a 3 lettered sobriquet, a rose tattoo, and a set of weapons that means they're more than ready to face their FIRST mission...

their first kill.

︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
"She was given a set of knives personally made for her. Each with a print that can only be seen when the knife is aimed directly at you.

She can only use knives. She skipped the training for using guns. I don't know if she's still like before but... I can still remember... she's afraid of using guns"