X X I

Jaehyun's POV.

I was awoken by the sound of my phone. It's ringing damn loud.

"goddamnit" I extended my arm and reached for it from the bedside table.

"who the fvck is it" I answered, my eyes too lazy to open.

"yew saur rude Mr. Jeong like what the hell"

my eyes shot open. The number wasn't registered on my phone but I know very well who's the caller and for fvck's sake!? it's 2 am!?!?

"Ms.Shin to what do I owe you for you to call me this late?" I lifted my body and sat. Laying my back against the headboard, massaging my temple.

"I just--- hey don't sit therghsjs--- yeah---" her surrounding is too loud. It seems like she's in a bar club. I can't understand a shit she's saying.

"Lai have you been drinking?" I asked.

"wha--- noo I don't--- hey 2 more glass--- keep it coming huh?--- anyways I called to--- to tell yew I won't be the--"

"where are you" I stood up and took my blazer suit.

"what--- I'm far away from yew hahahaha I just called to tell you that--- I won't be in the office tom---hk--- tomorrow---" she said then turned the call off.

"damn"

I exited my room and came knocking to Doyoung's. It took me 126383 knocks before he actually responded. "for Saint Peter's sake Jaehyun it's 2 am"

I asked him to track her location and as soon as we got it, I drove off. She wasn't joking when she said she's far away from me.

*****

Booming sound, bodies grinding, alcohol reek wasted people, smoke filled atmosphere, dim surrounding, neon lights illuminating, and a tipsy girl.

Lai swayed her body through the beat of the song, holding a champagne glass that contains the strongest vodka she have ever known. She's completely lost in the moment.

She stopped dancing when her phone vibrated from her pocket. She took it out and tilted her head in confusion when she saw the caller.

Jaehyun. "I-I just called him huh?" she huffled but answered the call anyway. "hello? Mr.Jeong? why are---"

"stay right where you are I'll get you" the man said through the line and dropped the call off himself. The girl let out a laugh in disbelief. "he's so bossy! hew--- hew does he think he is huh?"

the bartender scratched his nape as he listened to the girl suddenly venting and saying things he have no idea about. "he thinks--- hk he thinks he run the world or something--- which he nawt" the bartender was left speechless when she drank the vodka in one go and demanded for another.

"he won't know where I am, no one ever did. no one" She mumbled to herself. A tear managed to escape her eyes which she immediately wiped.

She's sitting in front of the main bar right in front of the bartender along with men she doesn't know. She banged the bar top making the bartender flinch. "gimme another glass of this! please" she said almost begging.

The bartender had nothing left to do but give her another one. "Ma'am I'm afraid you'll need to call somebody to take you home"