X X X V I I I

Lai's POV.

I was hesitant to go to work today but here I am standing at the entryway. I'm nervous, what if Yangyang told them we're related?... but Jaehyun would've contacted me right?? He would be mad and fire me right away for fooling him right??

It's been around 24 hours since our last conversation, and he neither called nor messaged me.

I got occupied yesterday because I followed one of Zhing Fei's people. That goddamn big guy Jaehyun and I encountered in his office. He's fvcking useless!? all he did was go to the false warehouse and went back to the company building, that's it. No other stop-bys whatsoever.

When he made contact with the North on the warehouse, he was by himself. He simply opened a laptop there and went out after a little while, so I was unable to get anything. I only wasted time following him.

I sighed as I pushed the revolving door. I immediately saw Jaehyun by the lobby, I was just about to approach him but a sophisticated lady came to him. I froze in my tracks as she gave him a peck on his cheek. Jaehyun is wearing a faint smile as his hand automatically moves to the small of her back in acknowledgment. I also noticed that his hair went back to its usual slick-back style.

They look amazing together, I won't lie, and based on the way they interact with one another, they appear to have known each other for a very long time. As though they had been apart for a goddamn long time before coming back together. However, the woman is quite unfamiliar to me, and I'm now wondering WHO IS SHE. damn, I thought he have issues with women? 

I can't help but roll my eyes as suddenly my mood changes. I carried on and purposefully kept my distance from Jaehyun, not giving him a glance or a greeting as I usually do. I immediately exited the elevator and made my way to the staff lounge.
.
.
.
.
.
As usual, I can't find my focus again. I'm just sitting in front of my monitor zoning out. For some reason, I'm very irritated.

"Ms.Shin it's lunch break come on" my attention was drawn when a coworker knocked on my desk.

"it's already break?" I glanced at my wrist watch "you go ahead, I'm not hungry" I said along with a forced smile.

"oh, you sure?" she asked, casting a strange gaze my way.

"yes yes I'm fine I had breakfast" she nodded at my response and I just watched them leave the employee lounge. I remained on my swivel, due to the lack of activity, the screen in front of me had already turned off allowing me to see my reflection.

What the eff? Am I really frowning so furiously all morning long?

"God I must've gone nuts" I mumbled to myself as I shook my head and calm my brows.

As I force myself to do the papers on my desk I won't deny the fact that I kept on looking and looking on my phone... waiting for something...

I mean--- he doesn't usually text me... but... I'm just hoping he do? ugh! he's so fvcking annoying.

I got on my feet to go to the washroom but Ms. Yoon called me out. "Are you heading to Mr. Jeong's office, Ms. Shin?"

"I'm going to the wa---"

"Can you bring this to him, please? I can't leave the desk. Please??" she said cutting my sentence off. I'm not going there!?!??!

"Actually I'm just going to the wash---"

"Thanks, Ms.Shin luv yah!" she put the folders in my hand. Aish.

I sighed as I got nothing left to do but to bring this to Jaehyun. I headed to his floor right away. I immediately went to his floor. Voices are already audible in the hallway. A female laugh reverberated. He doesn't care about me because she's still here, I see.