X X V I

Lai's POV.

"Can you at least talk to me?" I got interrupted when someone went near to my desk. I lifted my gaze and saw Winwin.

"what the hell are you doing here again?" I hissed. I looked around to see if other employees are looking at us.

The first day I saw him here on the premises I thought he was just here to do some business things with Jaehyun but it's been like 3 days since he started going in and out of the building. I have a hunch that something is going on but I still don't know what it is exactly.

"please" he pleaded. I rolled my eyes at him. I stood and turned off my laptop.

"not here"

I walked past him, he followed and we headed straight to the elevator. As soon as the elevator door closed he pulled me. His arms secured my waist and my head was buried in his chest.
"damn, where have you been? I thought you were really dead" he whispered to my ears.

I cannot believe even he got the news that I was dead.

His hug gave me a war flashback so I pushed him off. "well as you can see I'm not" I avoided his gaze.

silence suddenly ate us. I could see him staring through my peripheral vision.

"I'm very ---" he got interrupted when the elevator door opened.

We left the building and went to the nearest coffee shop. Good thing there are little to no people at this hour.

I don't know what the fvck he wants to discuss. But I feel the need to listen. "now what do you want to say"

"I'm sorry" he said, looking straight into my eyes.

I can see the sincerity in his words and I hate how the eyes I used to adore so dearly are giving me now nothing but the bitterness of my past.

"I-I hope I could explain to you right now what actually happened that night, but I know the memory would just bring back the pain I've caused you"

"yeah, save it. I don't care about that anymore. That was ages ago Si Cheng. I'm not the same La Yih you used to know" I'm not the same good person I was before.

"havoc of questions are clouding my mind right now. I want to ask you so bad, but I know you wouldn't want me to do that" God he's still the same Dong Si Cheng I used to love.

I remained silent. I can't look him straight in the eyes. I don't hate him, I hate what he did to me. Seeing him so suddenly like this... I don't know how will I approach or act in front of him.

"I was the one who took your stepbrother in" he suddenly said, completely changing the trajectory of our talk. I furrowed in confusion. "He joined the gang through me"

My mind wasn't able to grip the information immediately. I was lost for a complete minute. "w-what--- why the fvck did you do that!?" My voice threatened to raise, I looked around apologetically when people started looking at us.

"He was young and miserable. He doesn't have anyone else to lean on, plus the fact that I learned he's somehow related to you... made me do such a decision."

After the talk that we had, I asked him to tell Yangyang to keep the fact that we're half-siblings, especially from Jaehyun and his people. Of course, he pried but I didn't answer any of his questions.