X L I I I

Jaehyun's POV.

Jia's revelation about Lai really screwed me over. I pity her and I know that she wouldn't like it. I want to hug her and tell her everything's going to be alright, I want to let her know she doesn't have to be alone now.

When she said she was tired of being by herself, it broke my heart into million pieces... and knowing everything about her past made it even worse.

I want to help her but it seems like she wants otherwise...

It's been 3 days since I last saw her. When she left the mansion that day, I did not see her again. She's hiding from me.

Jia and Taeyong followed my request. They went back to their home and promised that they won't stick their noses in this mess. I can't risk them too... I shouldn't. I have my niece waiting for them to get back home safe and sound. They must not be involved in this mayhem. The entire gang in this deep shit is already more than enough.

I and the boys got so busy because our company got dragged with the previous news that I can't even go and find Lai on my own. She didn't go to work, nor give me a heads up that she'll be absent. She never returned my calls or emails, despite my repeated attempts. Leaving me with nothing at all.

"Good morning Mr.Jeong" Ms.Yoon greeted me when I passed by the employee lounge. I was hoping this time I'll see Lai by her desk... but it remained vacant.

I glanced at Ms.Yoon since she greeted me with such evidently unusual unlively voice. "what is it Ms.Yoon?" she looked at me hesitantly before lifting an envelope from her desk.

"uh... it's from Ms.Shin. She's quitting Mr.Jeong" she said. I immediately took the envelope. It's a resignation letter.

"When did she bring this in?"

"It was mailed 30 mins ago Mr.Jeong. The courier only said it was from Ms.Shin La Yih. Nothing else" I raked my hair up in vexation.

I turned my heel and went straight to my office. I ripped the envelope open and just by reading the first line I already knew it wasn't just a simple resignation letter.
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎

_________________________________________

August 26, 20XX

Mr. Jeong Jaehyun
CEO
Neo Culture Technology Corporation
83-21, Seongdong-gu
Seoul, South Korea

Dear Jaehyun,

I'm so sorry for everything. I want to tell you everything myself, I want to let you know everything about me, I wanted to be completely honest and transparent with you but I guess it wasn't just meant to be that way.

I assume you've heard everything from Jang Mi, and I want you to know that whatever she has told you... are nothing but the truth. You see, I have a terrible past and I have brought you into that darkness. I'm very sorry. If only I can turn back time I won't do everything that I have done. I won't drag you and your family involved in this.

Jaehyun, last winter... it was the Christmas season. I came back from the states because I've come to learn about your gang, and that you all defeated a powerful persona underground. I spend days studying your entire group, my mind was filled with nothing but selfishness that led me to craft a scheme that aims to make you and your family execute it for me.