X L V I I I

Jaehyun's POV.

Due to the impact of all the issues, Zhing Liu Corporation's business has reportedly been temporarily halted.

Reporters are camping in front of their building, pressuring the entire corporation to release a statement.

Zhing Fei never showed himself, I guess he's already hiding in the deepest pit of hell. However, his allies—those other CEOs who joined forces with him—are still working extremely hard to dissimulate the situation by making assertions that they are unable to substantiate.

The Senate is in mayhem as well, as Zhing Fei's party pushed for the election to take place despite all the chaos surrounding their contender's name. They're fucking crazy.
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎

"Where is she?" Lai asked, pertaining to her sister, Zhennayah. She didn't bat an eye at me, her gaze instead remained on the television...

where Zhing Liu Corporation is the subject of every single news item.

"Don't worry she's at the mansion, no one will get near her" I answered as I subtly tried reaching her hand.

She sighed. I can tell that she's still thinking over the words she has told Zhennayah. She must be feeling so guilty but I can't blame her. Her rage is being more and more valid as the media started demanding more statements from her sister.

Reporters were also camping in front of our building, disrupting our goddamn business. They're bombarding us with questions related to our involvement in all of these... and why we have Zhennayah under our custody.

WayV is working on everything related to that issue along with NCT Dream. So still rest assured that everything's under our control.

As the rest of 127 worked on finding where on earth Zhing Fei has dipped, I went with Shotaro and Sungchan to balance the chaos regarding the election.
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎

"We're giving all this information we have to you as we know you can use this to your full advantage"

I asked for an appointment with the presidential candidate for the opposition party. The man who just got recovered from the accident Zhing Fei had purposely caused.

Ever since the accident occurred, I've been keeping an eye on him for as long as we've been looking for the hiding place.

I've been studying him and I can put my trust in him on ruling this country. He's meticulous when it comes to fairness... so when I told him that his accident was in fact not an accident. He got enraged and agreed to work on this with me.

"That bastard, I knew something was off with him when I first saw him. I didn't expect it to be this big" he reacted in disbelief.

We told him about the agenda behind Zhing Fei's attempt to win the election, along with the alliance he created with numerous corporation CEOs. However, we left facts about the missing case.

"I'm expecting you to use all these rumors surrounding his name, amplify the issues to completely destroy the faith of the mass in him. Mr. Gong, use the press and public opinion to your full advantage" he nodded at my statement.