X X X I X

Jaehyun's POV.

I pressed a soft kiss on Lai's forehead as I caressed her cheeks. She's still sleeping but I have to go. It's still 5 am I don't want to wake her up. I carefully adjusted the comforter to hide her bare shoulders before exiting her room.

I gazed around the living room because I couldn't study her place last night. She must have hidden something before opening the door for me, that much is obvious.

I stayed with her despite the message I received from Doyoung... I came to her despite all the revelations that has come to light.

I just can't stay away from her. I fell way too deep that I can't lift myself up now.

Now she's supposedly dead. I don't fvcking know what to feel about that information anymore. I have so many questions but I just can't say them out loud. I'm aware that she won't give me the truth; instead, she'll continue to tell me lies, which will just make me feel worse. I'm such a fvcking coward when it comes to her.

I took one last glance at her place before I left then drove back to the mansion.

While I'm driving, my eyes are glued on the road, but my thoughts are all over the place.

"Jaehyun do you trust me?"

her question last night echoed once again, along with my sincere response.

"I do"

I don't know anymore, I trust her at the same time I don't. She tells me three lies for every one I tell her. Last night, I felt like a stranger on her bed, I don't even know if she loves me or if she wants me dead.

She did not accidentally involve me in this shit, she made this shit for ME to play. She crafted this entire game... risking me and my entire family.

Now everything makes absolute sense, that's why she was eager for me to attend that party. She set me up in order for Zhing Fei to re-discover the mafia gang that had brought about the demise of his mafia partner.

Ever since Taeyong resolved his own problems and abdicated his reign, we never used the name NCT 127 again, we kept things lowkey as much as possible...

which paved the way for us to have consecutive years of peace. We decided to hide under a prosperous company (Neo Culture Technology) in light of the fact that we expanded with young members. We just concentrated on becoming affluent in order to obtain adequate authority underground.

But just as I had anticipated, chaos will come and upend that tranquility...... she came along and blew things out of proportion.

The information from Dong Si Cheng seriously screwed me over. I was entirely focused on the greater picture the entire time that I became oblivious to the tiny details. 

How come I ignored the fact that Yangyang and Zhing Fei literally have the same fvcking surname!?!

La Yih Liu
Yangyang Liu
Zhennayah Liu

La Yih changed her last name, which is why we were unable to obtain any information about her in the past.

Doyoung, Johnny, and Kun started digging deeper regarding their family backgrounds and issues, Yangyang has provided us information as well.

All 3 of them have different mothers. Zhing Fei's first wife died, and that's when he started his collection of wives. He's fvcking sick in the head I swear to God.

La Yih's mother was the second wife, and Yangyang's mother was his mistress at that time... and though we didn't have a clear background about the mother of Zhennayah, we may be quite certain that she was the last.