X X I I I

Lai's POV.

I followed the location that I deciphered from the laptop I took from Zhing Liu building and got fvcking nothing but an abandoned warehouse that doesn't even contain a sht.

I sent the other laptop to Jaehyun hoping he'll be able to move faster than me but it seems like we're just moving in the same pace.

I advanced towards the window I broke awhile ago, ready to leave the place but then I saw a headlight. A car parked meters away from where I am and Johnny came out. I thought it'll be fine since he's alone, but not until a red car arrived. My eyes widened when Jaehyun came out of the driver's seat followed by Doyoung.

Jesus Christ.

I had a hard time leaving the warehouse since I can't make even the faintest noise, it'll echo throughout the empty place. I ran back towards my motorbike and was about to start the engine when I saw another man coming from God knows I don't know where. "oh c'mon" I breathed in frustration as I got off the bike.

He was following Jaehyun and split seconds they're already pointing guns at eachother's head.

"sht sht sht" I hissed under my breath as I took my dagger out. I saw how Jaehyun held the gun firmly and judging by his stance he'll shoot anytime soon. When the face of the man in front of him got clear on my sight, I had no choice but to gather all my force and threw the dagger between them, intending to hit the mouth of Jaehyun's gun.

As soon as I threw the dagger, I sprinted away before they could even scan the surrounding.

I can't let him shoot my brother.

I looked at the direction where Yangyang ran off and I took the opposite side so I could catch him. Goddamn what is he!?!? a cheetah!? he's so fast!

I almost tripped over lots of branches but that was all worth it when I got the chance to jump on Yangyang.

We both rolled to the ground due to the impact sending us downhill a slope. His back crashed onto a tree, with me beside him. fvck that hurts.

"God!" he grunted. His movement was fast, in one swift move he grabbed me by my collar and pinned me against the nearest tree. "who are you!?" he asked angrily.

I removed my mask and saw how his furious expression changed into horror. His grip on my collar loosened and literally took a step back, gasping.

"y-you're supposed to be... dead" he said the last word almost like a whisper.  With that single statement of him nightmares came crashing back to my mind. "I-I was there at your funeral, I c-cried for you. I don't understand. What happened noona?"

Yangyang is my half brother, we grew up separately but completely aware of each other's existence. The last time he saw me was when he was in high school.

Before everything in my life went to sht.

He doesn't know anything that had happened to me. But he was right, I was supposed to be chilling in a casket.

"I'll tell you when the right time comes. But for now, Yangyang tell me why the fvck are you here?" He still look like he can't seem to process everything. I'm being too fast on him.

"Yangyang what are you doing he---" I was cut off when he suddenly pulled me into a tight hug. "y-yah..."

"I have no idea what you've been through, but I am glad you're alive" he whispered. He let go of me and I can see he's genuine.

"It's nice to see you again too" I responded with a smile. "but still care to tell me how did you get in here?" he scratched his nape.

"with that single question of yours, I have so much to explain" he replied hesitantly.

What actually happened while I was gone?

*****

Zhen's POV.

"what are you planning to do then?" I tapped my fingers nervously on the table. Donghyuck just got back here after 2 days of being away and he's been interrogating me about things, like about school. He's starting.

I can't bring myself to ask him about the phone, of course he'll ask why and what am I suppose to say? I can't disclose my identity to anyone.

That damn phone isn't here in this place anymore, I know because I've already looked everywhere.

And based on how he's interacting with me right now, it's safe to assume that he hasn't done anything on it yet, nor tried to open it. atleast that's what I hope.

"hey" he snapped to get my attention. We're sitting across eachother leaning on the table.

"I'm gonna ask you a favor" I said. He frowned and leaned his back on his seat, crossing his arms across his chest. "this would be the last I promise and I'll leave"

"lemme hear it"

"go to my school, and give this letter to the dean. I'm dropping out." I said as I handed an envelope to him, he looked confused.

"what?"

"I won't be able to go to school anymore anyway"

"say that I do that, where will you go?" I looked down on my hands. I can't answer him because I don't know either.

"uh...--"

"why don't you ask your sister for help?" he interrupted me. I shook my head.

"please tell me you haven't told her about this" I panicked.

"No, actually I haven't told anyone not even my hyungs" I let out a sigh of relief. Thank God

"thank you"

"now I need you to tell me something so I could help you" he pushed through. I stared at him. I can see that he's sincere, he's actually already kind enough to let me stay here. We barely know eachother and yet here he is, willing to help me.

But I can't put him at more risk. I shouldn't.

"Donghyuck saving me from the guards and making me stay here for a week is already a big help. I can't keep hiding here risking you and everyone here. I don't have a plan but one thing's for sure... I have to leave" I'm afraid they'll find me soon and I can't let Donghyuck get dragged onto this mess I've created after all the help he gave to me.

Maybe he's just guilty because they held me hostage for days that's why he's helping me out but he didn't have to do that because I believe them the moment they said they're not the ones who took me. Him and his colleagues scared me I'll admit, but I know they're not the bad ones.

"no, you'll stay here with me until I get a hint of what is going on with you" he said firmly, ending the discussion. He stood and left me on the table.

꧁ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙀𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚 ꧂