X X I V

Lai's POV.

I thought Yangyang would tell me all the details but no. He kept some things to himself. He only told me that the moment we lost connection, he joined a gang. I learned that his mother died and he lost the will to live but a gang member took him in and sheltered him in exchange of his service.

I wanted to get mad at him for making such dumb choice but I have no right.

"trust me, I tried finding you but you disappeared. I can't find you anywhere. Years passed and the next news I received was your sudden death"

I wasn't there when he needed me. I wasn't there because at that time, I was also facing my own hell.

Apparently, Yangyang was there because they are also aware of the kidnapping that is going on around the city and the sister of one of their member has been taken.

When it's his turn to throw me the same questions I knocked him down and left. I'm feeling guilty right now, but I can't tell anything to him, not even why Jaehyun was there. I know they'll figure it out on their own.
.
.
.
.
.
My heels clicking echoed the place as I entered the lobby, the receptionist greeted me and I greeted back. Yesterday's off was kinda productive to me and now I'm back here in the company. I swear to God I have loads of works on my desk already. Jungwoo likes to pass his paperworks on me.

I tapped my company card on the electronic access equipment and headed to the elevator. I pressed the button and it opened almost immediately.

It wasn't empty.

Of all people I'll encounter early in the morning why does it have to be him. I paused for a second, hesitating to enter but did anyway since he's looking at me. "Good morning Mr. Jeong" I greeted, avoiding his gaze.

He probably came from the ground floo--- of course where else Lai? from hell? silly me.

"morning" he greeted back half-assly. I can't help but roll my eyes as I turned my back at him.

I pressed the 5th floor and stepped back. The silence is making me uncomfortable, but--- whatever elevator rides are quick anyway.

I was fixing the ribbon on my blouse, head empty, when a memory crossed my mind. Right, he fvcking changed my clothes when I was drunk. should I ask him if he really did? what if--- what if something happene--- oh God no of course none.

That thought has been bothering me at night since then. I looked at him through my peripheral vision, contemplating whether to ask him or not. There's nothing wrong in asking right??

I cleared my throat, catching his attention. "uh... about the other night" he didn't look nor glance at me.

"what about it"

"did uh... did you cha--- did something happened to us??" damn my mouth is unstoppable. I finally got his full attention. He looked at me and suddenly I regret my decisions in life.

"something like what" he asked, playing innocent. He leaned on the handrail, facing me completely.

"you changed my clothes"

"I did" My jaw dropped at how he admitted it nonchalantly. Like it wasn't a big deal.

fvck he definitely saw the scar on my waist.

"I hope that's all that happened coz I really can't remember anything" I tend to do stupid things when I'm drunk and never remember a sht the next morning. His silence is making me anxious as hell, what is he thinking???