X X X I I

Lai's POV.

"Ms.Yoon is Mr.Jeong at his office already?" I asked the moment I stepped onto the employee lounge.

"oh you're early Ms.Shin! Yes, he's already ther---" upon hearing her answer, I immediately went back to the elevator and pressed the uppermost floor.

My heels clicked as I took fast steps towards his office. I was just about to knock but I heard his voice telling me to get in. He's sitting right on the edge of his table with his arms crossed.

"Jaehyun what is this??" I asked as I showed him my phone. I received a huge amount in my bank account so early in the morning. It came from him.

"your salary?"

"what---? it's too early and it's doubled! I can't take it Jaehyun" Is this because of my joke last night!?

He really don't know how to take a fvcking joke!?

"it's already wired" He said as he stood to go to his swivel. I followed him, blabbering nonstop so he'll take the money back.

I mean--- I wasn't joking on that broke part but I just can't accept this huge amount of money from him in one go!! He must be insane.

"Ms.Shin" he called out making me stop. "I won't take it back, so you better take it and work diligently" I was standing in between his swivel and his desk, he was standing in front of me and I swear to God I wasn't able to move when he leaned a bit. I stepped back only to feel his desk behind me. He got me cornered. "I won't take late papers from you from now on and I don't want to see you taking overtime anymore" his deep voice rang in my ears.

"3 out of 8 folders that were passed last night aren't your work. am I right?" I gulped. Damn what on earth did Winwin do?? I forgot to check!!

"a-ah that..." I leaned back because he's DAMN CLOSE. I can already smell what kind of mouthwash he's using!!! "uh... yeah someone helped me" I admitted.

"who" he inquired.

"Si Cheng" he retreated almost immediately, even rolling his eyes!? what's with the attitude!?!?

"yeah of course he did" he said as he took his seat. "go to work" he suddenly ordered, his voice switching to his usual authoritative tone.

The nerve of this guy!?!! His mood swings are insane!? one second he's so heart fluttering, the next second he's a complete asshole!!

"tsh" I said as I turned my back on him and left his office.
.
.
.
.
.
Just like what he said, I tried my very best to maintain my focus. I tried pushing every outside thought away but I just can't do it. I'm still being eaten by the anxiety of getting caught.

Last night, the moment Jaehyun left, I went to Mr. Joon's lair, and it was already clean. Even his corpse had disappeared.

I examined the devastating place and the bomb wasn't planted inside, it was thrown from the outside-- signaling that Mr.Joon had no clue that'll be his last night.

I'm not even sure if he was interrogated at this point. Whether he revealed anything about me or not. I'm going nuts.

"Ms.Shin!!!" I almost fell off my seat when someone shouted my name so fvcking loud.

"what the fvck Jungwoo!?" I shouted at him. He got everyone startled due to his loudass voice! God!

I looked around and instead of him, they were all looking at me...