X X X I I I

Jaehyun stayed in the gathering as he kept an eye on Zhing Fei who was currently soaking up all the attention of the people present in the event.

Jaehyun had already contacted Doyoung to proceed with their plan...

to scrutinize Zhing Fei's mansion.

he received a tip beforehand that Zhing Fei will be attending the same gathering so he moved the execution of their plan earlier than anticipated.

Doyoung, Johnny, Yuta, Jeno, Sungchan, Mark, and Kun are the ones who'll carry out the first leg of their scheme. They'll go to the mansion to glimpse its perimeter and study the positioning of the guards...

little did they know they'll arrive in a different situation.

"we're near" Doyoung said through the earpiece.

"tell me if something's wrong" Jaehyun answered, pressing his earpiece as well.

Doyoung and the boys successfully reached the borders of the mansion. He parked the van far yet near enough from the mansion. He stayed in the van as a lookout to the entire place, whereas the other members went separate ways and headed to the massive residence.

They expected the place to be heavily guarded but it wasn't the case.

"the house is oddly... calm" Johnny announced through the earpiece.

Jaehyun frowned at the information.

"on my spot too, I can't see any guards" Jeno affirmed, followed by the other members saying the same thing.

Jaehyun scanned the venue of the gathering and noted that there are the ideal number of guards there. "There are approximately 15 guards here to protect Zhing Fei, there's no way he brought everyone that he got" he said.

"wait, there are guards" Yuta announced. "but everyone has been knocked down"

"everyone's dead!?" Jaehyun stammered.

Yuta crouched down to check one of the guards. "nope, just unconscious. No scratch, wounds, or whatever"

Doyoung's laptop beeped signaling that Sungchan has entered the mansion and successfully connected the surveillance cameras of the entire place to their device. Doyoung can now see every corner of the place.

"Yuta's right, everyone's down" Doyoung confirmed. Everyone took that signal and entered the mansion, confirming that everyone is indeed down, even the maids.

"Someone has come here, previous recordings have been cleared" Sungchan.

"Like what Doyoung has said, someone is indeed paving the way so we could run" Kun talked.

Jaehyun heaved a hard sigh as a certain person crossed his mind. He shook his head lightly as he tried to push the thought away.

 At this point, he genuinely hopes his suspicion is wrong... even for this one time.

"continue the plan, find the other half of the document" Jaehyun ordered.