V I I

Lai's POV.

I sat on my spot staring at the monitor in front of me as my mind continued to fly away everywhere. I span my swivel chair as I wait for a certain call of somebody out there.

I have to show them what I know. I need them to know what's that damn company is. They're bigger than ---

"Lai!" a voice called out. I immediately stood and turned to face him.

"Jungwoo!" I smiled at him.

"He'll go" he said. ugh yes!

"alright!" I thought he'll send Johnny instead, but I guess they talked about it and had a change of hearts. man, it took him a whole entire day to decide! what a pussy

"tomorrow he said he'll fetch you on your plac--"

"n-no! we'll go separately. no need to fetch me" I abruptly said. He tilted his head in a questioning manner, probably sensing the lowkey panic in my voice. Man, he's nosy. "I'm a strong independent woman I don't need no man to fetch my ass okay? don't look at me like that Jungwoo" I looked up at him. He's fvcking tall.

"If he said he'll fetch you, you'll have nothing left to do but to get fetched" he said along with a shrug then turned his wide back on me. hah

what is he? the world's commander?

If he said what he said, then I said what I SAID too.

*the next day*

"Oh my goodness gracio---"

"Don't you know how to knock!?!?" he roared as he immediately covered his chest in panic. man what a sight!? he's in the middle of unbuttoning the last button of his polo when I peeked in so... yeah I understand the shout.

"Don't you know how to lock!?" I shouted back at him as I entered his office.

"why are you here again?" he asked as if he's disgusted about my presence here. I mean-- it's not my fault that he's stripping when I got here right? It's his.

"I'll just get my dress for the party" I said and went straight to the clothing rack at the corner of his wide ass office. Don't tell me he did not notice this silver dress hanging here?

"why is THAT here in my office?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Jeong okay? where else should I put this here's the safest and hello? I'm doing you all a favor remember?? plus I'll just change here so you won't have to fetch me. Yes welcome" He let out an irritated blow of air in disbelief.

I chuckled to irritate him more before leaving his office. I am already walking halfway away from his door when I remembered something, so I stepped back and peeked once again...

and ofcourse...

"damn what again!?" this time his holy body is being flashed right before my eyes. Jesus Christ.

"forgot my heels. nice body huh" I commented as I rush towards the rack and almost run away from his office. The air suddenly got hot damn wtf I swear to god I'm blushing hard.

~~~

"Hey hey what's that?" I asked peeking behind Jaehyun when I spotted that Doyoung is handing something to him.

"earpiece so we'll stay connected" he simply said. I nodded. Oh right, Doyoung will be waiting in the car as a backup.

"where's mine tho?" I asked.

"why? are you one of us?"

"rude" I rolled my eyes at him.

during the car ride, I remained silent hoping they'll converse or something but fvck both of them remained dead silent as well. Jaehyun is just staring on the window side and Doyoung has his eyes focused on the road only. Tho it's only 10 minutes it felt long as fvck because of the suffocating silence.

Good thing it's a masquerade ball and the venue is just in Zhing Liu building otherwise things will be harder. I just hope no one will recognize me there so things won't get fvcked up.

"we're here" Doyoung announced as he stopped in front of the building, where a red carpet is being flaunted right in front of the huge glass door.

People are scattered literally everywhere, cameras are flashing side by side. FVCK. I did not expect this sht, what are the attendees!? celebrities!?!??

"you didn't said it's a movie screening" Jaehyun finally talked from the shotgun seat. Sarcasm ate his baritone voice.

I cast him a side glare. "I wasn't informed, okay?" I rolled my eyes at him.

He wore his mask and then he stepped out of the car. "good luck, don't make me wait so long here" Doyoung said. The door beside me opened and Jaehyun offered his hand to me. I wore my mask as well and then as soon as I stepped out, camera flashes intensified, all pointing in our direction.

"they prolly think Kendall Jenner came to South Korea" I joked. Which Jaehyun heard.

"tsh" he reacted.

*****

Jaehyun's POV.

We got greeted by a man, the one assigned to collect invitations. Lai handed the invitation and to the man's and my surprise...

she leaned in for a hug.

He looked flustered but leaned in as well, even putting his hand on her bare back. I stood here flabbergasted.

what the fvck is going on?

She broke the hug and clung her shoulders on mine once again. "what was that for?" I breathed out.

"oh you want a hug from me too?" she cooed.

"tsh" she's unbelievably flirty.

Despite of everyone wearing stagy masks, I didn't fail to recognize some familiar people to me. Our damn business partners who turned their back on my company. motherfvckers

"I see, you know some people eh?" she said as we walk towards a high table.

"where's the celebrant tho?" I asked. She looked around and... honestly speaking? I'm absolutely clueless about this whole damn thing we're doing right now.

The surrounding is booming with party sound, it seems like it started earlier. People around are just chitchatting, dancing and drinking. It's almost like a bar for luxury asses, not an elegant ball.

"wait... I think this ball is just an excuse." she suddenly said perfectly captivating my attention despite the noise of the surrounding. "Jay come on" she said, grabbing me by my hand.

wait, what did she just called me?

꧁ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙀𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚

please don't forget to hit the star and leave a comment!!