X V I

Lai's POV.

"Mr. Jeong I'm fine. I can go home alon--"

"just get inside the car" he commanded. His voice came out with authority-- as usual-- but his expression is a bit... uh... a different. He opened the car door motioning me to enter.

"No I'm f--" I tried to refuse for the 5th time but I got stopped when he frustratedly brushed his hair up along with a hard sigh. I unconsciously bit my lower lip. He looked so done and exhausted.

"you'll have a hard time looking for a cab. It's already midnight. Either you'll get inside the car yourself or I'll carry you in" aish. This man is persistent as hell. Fawk, I can't let anyone know where I live! ugh! whatever.

I cast him a side glare before entering his car. He immediately hopped in as well and drove off. 

I kept on watching him through my peripheral view as he kept on stifling his yawns. "you look uh... tired" I mumbled. He glanced at me but immediately returned his gaze back to the road.

"because I am" tsh if you didn't insist to take me home then you're probably resting at your mansion right now.

I just kept my mouth shut during the whole car ride. He looked so tired to bicker with me. I told him my address and then just entertained myself by looking at the window beside me. My place is a bit far from the company building it's usually a 20-minute trip.

~~~

"Ms.Shin wake up. We're here" I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I rubbed my eyes as I let out a yawn.

"oh I fell asleep. sorry" I said with a hoarse voice. 

"It's fine" he said. 

"uh thanks for the ride anyway" why am I getting awkward all of a sudden?

"yeah, no problem" he simply said along with a yawn. 

I opened the door beside me and stepped out of the car. "drive safely Mr. Jeong" I let out a small smile before closing the door. He drove off almost immediately and I entered the building after watching his car get far.

I'm just living in a condo unit. This one isn't even fully paid. I'll be here for just a couple more months anyway. I lazily dragged myself to the elevator, there were only a few people in the lobby since it's almost dawn. Everyone's in slumber at this hour. 

I let out a not-so-womanly loud yawn as I stepped out of the elevator when it reached the floor of my unit.

I entered the passcode and didn't bother to turn on the lights and just went straight to my room then threw myself on my bed. My body is too tired... but my mind started lurking everywhere.

The mild shock I had a while ago suddenly came back. I really thought that asshole will shoot me. And also... I didn't get a chance to ask Jaehyun about his and that company's matter.

I can't just initiate asking, I'm afraid he'll find me suspicious for constantly interfering with their businesses as a gang.

but damn... I'm itching to know everything. Every single detail. I need to know what are they planning.

~~~

I turned my swivel chair around as I failed to resist my yawn. We're currently inside the meeting hall. Not all the employees but about 5 I think, from each team, and I'm the only woman here.

We're with Jaehyun's people of course, though I don't really know all of their names yet but they're all familiar since all of them once pointed a gun at my face. At their damn mansion.