V I

Jaehyun's POV.

"I told you to fvcking hold your temper Nakamoto Yuta!"

"fvck them, they aren't worthy of my patience!"

"I'm this fvcking close to persuading them!" Doyoung even lifted his hand for emphasis.

these two barged into the room and started shouting at each other's faces right in front of the doorstep.

"You saw that woman beside that asshole!? she kept on whispering shts holding that old fart back! close my ass! you aren't even that convincing to them!"

"someone tell me what the actual fvck is going on before you both start pointing guns on each other's head!?" I butted in. Doyoung glanced at me as if he wasn't expecting me to be here, in my damn office.

"talk to that bastard he's making my blood boil---"

"what Kim Doyou---" another interruption came in the form of Johnny.

"I can hear your loudass voices in the hallway, tone it down. The hell is going on?"

"that bullsht of a big company is surely playing with us" yuta said. I knew it.

"they're getting all our shareholders away one by fvcking one, I don't even know what the hell are they offering to them to make our people pull out on us THAT quick. As far as I know, I gave them the greatest deal!" I understand Yuta's wrath, of course he's the one assigned in recruiting.

"and so you think cursing at them would fix everything!?" Doyoung exclaimed sarcastically

"look, that hag isn't even listening to your blabbers there---"

"enough." I said. There was a short silence before a feminine voice filled the dead air.

"are y'all perhaps talking about Zhing Liu Corporation?" the boys turned their heads in her direction like they didn't notice her presence a while ago.

"since when did you get here?" Doyoung asked.

she rolled her eyes on him in a very stagy manner "before y'all even got in here. I came with him" she pointed me, their gazes shifted to me... a confused gaze to be precise.

"yes, and so what? do you know something?" Yuta questioned, bringing the talk back in line

"what if I do?" she answered

"then you'll have to fill the empty cup with the tea" Yuta challenged. She glanced at me and our gazes met since I am looking at her.

"okay fine, let me finish what I was going to tell him first" I raised my brow on her. "I came from Zhing Liu Corporation" all of us remained silent, highly anticipating her next statements.

"I know no one asked but I left because I accidentally discovered something, like... how I accidentally learned what you guys are... a bunch of kidnappers" she mumbled the last words but still it came out pretty audible.

"look miss, we didn't kidnap your sister okay---" Doyoung defended almost immediately. "she was given to us"

"as if I'll believe y'all just because you let her go" she sassed back.

"so what do you know about them Ms... Lai? right?" Johnny politely asked.

"just like what I assume you guys are, they're more than just a business corporation" she announced like she's 100% certain of what she's saying.

no one reacted. "I see no one believes me. But I can show you. They'll be having a grand ball the day after tomorrow. I'm not sure what's the purpose but I know there's something behind that occasion"

"so what are you implying?" I asked

"you'll go with me" she said as if it's an order... for me to obey. I cock my head to the side in amusement. She looked determined.

"actually that's a good idea" Doyoung deadpanned. "we should gain some info about them"

"her info is enough tho" Yuta commented

I saw how the lady in front of me smiled then looked at Yuta and their gaze met, her giving him a wink. Yuta was taken aback and cleared his throat. What the hell.

"I will not go" I said. Her facial expression became bitter.

"Don't worry it's a masquerade ball they won't recognize you. You just have to see what I'll show you" she reacted. "Yuta here said they're taking away all your shareholders and I think I already figured out why"

Curiosity is already running down my veins as we stare at each other. But something at the back of my mind is saying that once I attend that fvcking ball... I'll be in deep shit.

"I received an invitation before I resigned. You'll go as my partner" she finalized... without even hearing my answer.

꧁ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙀𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚 ꧂

please don't forget to hit the star and leave a comment!! a simple comment will make me the happiest!