X X X I V

Lai's POV.

"Woah Ms. Shin you look different!" he's actually the 10th person I passed by who pointed that out.

"yeah you know for a change" I chuckled. "got bored so..." I lied.

From my long black hair, I chopped it short up to my collarbone and dyed it blonde. I actually hate what I did... I'm hideous again. But I needed to.

"you went absent for 3 days without notice then came back with an absolutely different appearance, I wonder how would the CEO react to this" oh...

"am I doomed?" I asked. Jungwoo shrugged and crossed his arms seemingly thinking.

"I'm not sure. Maybe? Jaehyun hyung hates absentees"

"Will he fire me because of those 3 absences?" I mean--- it's supposed to be a week but I kinda missed hi--- the workplace. yeah... the workplace.

"If I were him I will---"

"yah Jungwoo I thought we were friends!?" I pushed him playfully which he laughed off.

"hahaahahah yeah absolutely we are. So here's a piece of advice. Go to his office, give him a good excuse then kiss him" My eyes widened at what he replied. I immediately slap his shoulder. His loud chuckle reverberated.

"what the heck Kim Jungwoo!?"

"hey you're blushing!" he pointed my face.

"I'm not! shut the fvck up!" I pushed him away as he continued teasing me. I want to cover his mouth but he's too tall for me to reach.

"okay okay, I'll stop now hahahaha! I knew it! I knew what was going on between you two!"

"hey there's nothing!!!"
.
.
.
.
.

I tucked my hair behind my ears as I draw a deep breath before knocking on the door. Why am I getting nervous?

"come in"

I took a peek before going all the way in. Will he scold me? what if he shouts? what if he fires me!?

"uh... hello Mr.Jeong?" I greeted awkwardly.

He lifted his gaze to meet mine. He looked surprised that he had to remove his eyeglasses to have a better look at me. I approached and timidly took a seat in front of his desk.

"hear me out first" I started, not giving him a chance to talk. "I had to visit my parents because something happened. I-I didn't have the chance to give you a notice because I had to travel to them right away." my hands remained on my lap. Fidgeting my fingers as I spat forth a series of lies.

"so they're good now?" he asked, I avoided his gaze and looked down at my hands instead.

"y-yes yes, they're okay now..."

"look at me" he commanded abruptly. I pursed my lips into a thin line as I peered into his eyes. I can't read him, he doesn't seem convinced of my reasons. His gaze is intense almost as if he's staring straight into my soul. "Ms.Shin am I a fvcking joke to you?"

I did not expect what he said. I frowned, I wasn't able to react as I ponder where the heck he's getting at. "wha---what do you mean Mr.Jeong?" does he know I'm lying!?

"I confessed my feelings to you the other day and still you're not taking me seriously" he said, completely drifting away from my concern and the scariest part is he looked so darn serious.