X X I I

Jaehyun's POV.

"Jaehyun I got a location from the laptop we got, my readings says a lot of device from that company has already been the--- are you even listening to me?"

I was brought back to focus when Doyoung snapped right in front of my face. I can hear him talking but I'm preoccupied.

"sorry what were you saying?" I said, fixing my sitting posture since I didn't notice I'm already slouching.

He moved his swivel and took a peek at my laptop. "you're not even doing anything, who's occupying your mind?"

"can't it be a what?"

"I doubt that" he's so nosy.

"so what were you saying awhile ago?" I said in hopes I could divert the talk away from me.

"anyway, as I was saying. I found a location you might want to visit" he said knowingly.

~~~~

"Where's Ms. Shin?" Haechan asked when I passed by the employees' hall.

"Why are you looking for her?"

"uh... I just have something to ask" he scratched his nape. He seem to have something going on inside his mind.

"she took an off today"

"will she be here tomorrow?"

"I think so"

"oh I see" he nodded. He already turned his back then looked over again. "right Ji--"

"how about the sister?" I cut him off. I remember assigning him on looking after that kid that was sent to us to make sure she won't spill anything.

"uh... no problem so far" he just said.

"that's it?" I think he's been watching her for about a week or two already, and if that's how it's going so far then I guess it's good?

"y-yeah" he stuttered. I looked at him downwards, he's looking literally everywhere except me. He looked a bit uneasy but I pushed the thought away.

"alright. You can stop watching her then" he lifted his gaze and looked at me a bit staggered. His lip moved seemingly want to utter a word but is hesitant to do so. "Do you have something to tell me Donghyuck? you know you can always tell me everything I'll listen"

"n-nothing hyung" he forced a chuckle. I nodded and tapped his shoulder.

"Jaehyun come on, Johnny's around the corner already" Doyoung called out from the lobby.

"where you going hyung?" Haechan asked.

"Doyoung was directed to a location, apparently the device is already serving its purpose. We'll check it"

"I see, me and the boys will be on standby. Just call when something happened"

"yeah we will"

I headed towards Doyoung and he threw the car keys to me as we go straight to the elevator. I pressed the button of the lowermost part of the building while playing with the keys on my hand.

"it's actually quite far, I hope we get something useful" Doyoung sighed. "there are no new reports of missing girls for the past 3 days. Yuta and Mark looked through the police stations around the city like what you've ordered, and all the cases related to the kidnapping seems to be moving very slow"