X L V

"Children, this is Jeong Yuno, he's 11 years old and he will be joining our orphanage from now on. Be kind to him... alright?"

The matron announced, standing beside her is a small boy who can't even lift his gaze to greet the children in front of him.

The shy kid got approached by the children. The greetings he received were warm enough to make him smile. His young mind thought...

"I think it'll be better here. I'll be safer here"

Time flew by, and his stay in the orphanage is somehow helping him recover from the trauma he left behind.

However, he befriended no one due to his timid demeanor.

The other children-- even some of the matrons viewed him as a snob kid, little did everyone know he had faced a nightmare before being there... and that's what's holding him back from trusting people.

Before he entered the orphanage, he was a stepson of an abusive stepmother.

"Mom, please!! bring me with you!"

He was 7 when his mother left him behind. She turned her back on her child, saying no reason at all...

The little kid felt unloved as he was left under his father's supervision. His father was kind and understanding. He cared about the child, but every time Yuno inquired what happened to their family... He's unable to reply

...Until the day his father brought home the woman who's bound to wreck everything for the little kid.

At that moment... Jeong Yuno's mind is still young to comprehend the tragic events soon to unfold.

The news came, his mother died due to a car crash. The reason behind her leaving her own son came to light...

She had a long-time affair with another man and eventually chose him over her own family.

The little kid's father started to change as he began to doubt Yuno being his real own blood. Living under the same roof as his stepmother and stepsisters only made it all worse.

He and her father conducted a blood test, only to get fabricated by his stepmother so his father believed he wasn't his son.

Her stepmother was beyond abusive. He would always be locked up in the attic, having no food to eat every time his father is not around.

Every time his father was present, they would all act as if they were taking care of him. Despite being the youngest in the family, he was carrying the burden of all the difficulties. both physically and emotionally.

"a-aunt I need to go to school toda--"

"didn't I tell you from now on you won't go to school anymore!? go back to your room!"

Unable to fight nor even talk back, he simply did as they all say. His stepsisters were the worst person he have ever met. Not a shred of sympathy... not the slightest bit of concern.

He was 11 when his father died. He's now a complete orphan and his name wasn't even on his father's last will. No inheritance, nothing under his name.