2

CHAPTER | 02

CHAPTER | 02

THE following morning, jungkook woke up feeling hungry since he didn't eat anything last night. he gets out of his bed and does his morning routine. a part of him hopes to see you downstairs. he wants to see you act like his sisters in laws so he could show you his coldness. but how can he if you leave early than he does.

jungkook heads downstairs to the kitchen where he saw a plate of food. he looks around to see if you would walk in yet you didn't. "did she make this for me?" he asked himself. jungkook took a seat and started eating the food you made. you walked back inside the kitchen with your eyes widened. he was eating your breakfast. his cold brown eyes made eye contact with yours and he could tell you were surprised. "don't be surprised. im just hungry" he said.

"it's not that. you're eating my breakfast. i thought you were going to eat with your brothers like you always do" you replied, making him feel embarrass. "it's fine. eat it. i can always make more" you said opening the fridge. 'that was embarrassing. i thought she made it for me' jungkook watches you cook. "where were you yesterday?" he suddenly asked.

"ah yes. i was called in at work" you answered. "you work?" he asked and you nodded. "i have to make money so how" you replied. why would you work when you're now married to him? he can maintain the two of you just like his brothers. there was no reason for you to work. "shouldn't you be at the company now?" and he shook his head. "father closed it for two weeks so the employees have a vacation" jungkook answered.

quietness filled the room again. you and jungkook only met once before the wedding. that was the day where his mother announced that the two of you were going to get married. which is why you two have no idea how you two act. right after you finished cooking your food, he finishes eating, leaving the plate in the sink. jungkook stood there for a few seconds, waiting for you to ask him to stay. instead you pulled out your phone and started scrolling as you ate your breakfast.

his sisters in law never liked eating alone so his brothers would always wait for them. jungkook sighs and walks off back to the living room where he decided to watch tv. all he could think of is you. he thought a wife should give their husband love and affection yet you haven't at all. you were acting more of a roommate than a wife which was kinda annoying him.

you walked into the living room to see him staring out into space. you laughed a bit seeing how his face was, making him get back to reality and look at you. you cleared your throat before saying, "sorry" and headed back upstairs to your room. jungkook sighs again once you were gone. he suddenly gets a call from his mother. "jungkook, i want you and (y/n) to come over tonight for dinner. your brothers and their wives will be coming too" she said. "of course, mother" he replied. "so how was last night? do you think ill be a grandmother?" his mother asked. "we didn't do anything last night. this marriage was arranged. there's no love" jungkook explains.