Let's Go Get This Son Of A Bitch.

"I see you've moved on from a Captain to a Sargent, Talia. That's quite a downgrade." We heard a female's voice from behind the hall yell. I didn't recognize it, but they seemed to know me. And my love life. The voice and the footsteps were silent after that. They were ready and waiting. I wasn't prepared to wait and find out why.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Bucky. "Go back to the team. Figure out what the hell is going on. I'll be right there."

"Absolutely not, I'm not leaving you." He braced himself next to me, pointing his weapon at the door and purposely not looking at me. I grabbed the gun and moved it away from us. I waited until he looked directly in my eyes and I had to fight every urge in my body to kiss him.

"Barnes. Get your fucking ass to that jet now. I don't know what the hell it is going on with no one listening to me today, but I'm so very over it. Go, back to the jet now!" I snapped. Bucky looked like he wanted to argue further but he didn't, he ran to the hole in the wall and gave me one last look before he disappeared. I sighed and turned back to look at the door. I waited for them to come through, but they didn't. I kept looking back at my makeshift exit, making sure Bucky had not come back. When enough time passed that I thought Bucky could be back safely on the jet, I followed. I walked backwards out of the hole, waiting for the enemies to come charging through.

But they didn't.

I didn't have time to really think and focus on how weird it was. I needed to get back to my team. To Bucky. I ran full speed, taking out any and all hydra agents I saw. But it didn't seem like they were coming after me. The nagging feeling I had earlier was just confirmed.

Something was very wrong.

T'Challa was at the entrance waiting for me, he reached his hand out to help me up. "Thank Bast, you're all right." He groaned out, he sounded like he was in pain but no injuries were visible. "The communications went down. We were considering coming in after you."

I looked around at the team and saw an unconscious Maria on the floor, her face reddened. Wanda and Angel were standing above her. Eva had her arm wrapped over Angel's shoulder, her face looked scared. Sam was propped up against the wall, he looked like he was unconscious too. Rhodey was sitting on the seat closest to him, head in his hands, shaking. Shuri was sitting in the pilot's seat, not speaking. Nothing seemed right. I turned to T'Challa. "What happened? Where's Kai and Bucky?"

Wanda lifted her head up suddenly and tilted it. "We thought they were with you."

I shook my head. "No, I sent Kai back with Maria. And then I sent Bucky back shortly after him..."

"They're not here. Kai did come with Maria, but she woke up and started to attack just as they were about to come inside." Angel looked at me, I could tell she had been crying. "I-I tried to stop her. Sam and I came down, something was blocking our communications, but I could hear her. She was scared, confused. I thought seeing me would help... But when we got there, she went after Sam... I thought he was dead. She threw him. He hit a rock..."

"It seems like another Winter Solider situation." Rhodey said, not looking up at me.

"Sam's okay? He's breathing?"

"Yes. He'll be fine. He'll have a severe concussion." Wanda explained.

I nodded, understanding. "So you knocked Maria out. Okay. Sam's hurt but he's alive. That doesn't explain where Kai and Bucky are if they're not here?"

"Kai said he was going back to you since the communications were down. Both you and Bucky were not responding. We had no idea what to do." T'Challa answered, his face starting to show concern for the missing members.

My head was spinning. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening. They were missing? We had the upper hand. We were supposed to be fine. It was just a rescue mission.

"I'm going back out there, I have to get them." I turned around, ready to run and tear the whole place apart if I needed to.

And then I watched as it erupted in flames.

I squinted and could see a figure flying out from the center of the building.

Kai.