One For The Road (16.2)

Make sure you read 16.1 first x

~*~*~*~ Two days later ~*~*~*~

"Which do you usually get?" Alex asks as he follows you around the large section of perfumes in this ridiculously large shopping centre.

America really overdid it with some things. This place you were in was easily twice the size of the Trafford Centre, except nowhere near as grand and slightly fewer shops and a larger food hall.

Regardless though, it meant you could shop for the things you wanted and made it easy to get the changes in place in your life that you wanted. Your perfume that you received at Christmas, that you'd just finished, was an easy way to start.

"I don't want the one I usually get," You shake your head, browsing the new ones. You don't want the one that Matty usually gets you anymore. "I want something new."

Alex follows you to the next bottle along and watches as you give it a sniff. He has to stop himself from chuckling when you pull your face, clearly not liking the smell.

As you move along to the next perfume on the stand, you kick your heel up and nod down to them, telling your best friend, "I wanna get rid of these tatty Vans too."

"Want new ones?" Alex questions curiously, making conversation as you seem to not like the next perfume either.

"No, I want a change." You sigh, looking at your best friend when you say, "I wear these like they're leather boots, they're so worn."

Alex looks really good today and you can't help but notice. His hair is slicked back like usual, with a few loose strands falling onto his forehead which makes him somehow more attractive. The magenta shirt that he has on makes his dark eyes stand out more than usual. The black jeans and chelsea boots complete his look off today and you can't help but admire how good he looks.

"Need some better quality shoes." You continue, "I quite like your chelsea boots, so I'll probably go for some like yours."

Alex nods and follows you round to the next stand. One of the brand names draws your attention as its intention is clearly meant to draw people who believe that a perfume can make you sexually desirable. However, it sparks a memory that Matt had told you about a few days ago.

"I believe you only discovered sex about three years ago?" You ask Alex in a hushed voice.

Matt had told you about the interview that him and Alex had with some guy the other day and apparently Matt nearly lost his composure when the guy said that Alex had only discovered sex a few years ago.

Little did everyone know...

Alex knows what you're referring to straight away, and his face falls as you grin at him. He warns you, "Don't."

Alex wanted to die on the spot when the man said that.

"I think it's very funny that the topic of conversation in your interviews is if you make music to have sex to." You grin as you continue to browse the perfumes, "And the fact that the last guy said you discovered sex for Suck It And See, may be the highlight of all your interviews so far."

"I know, right?" Alex chuckles, "Pretty hard to believe."

You like the perfume you've just sprayed onto the slip of paper, so you quickly ask Alex, "Do you like this one?"

After you hold it up to his nose, Alex shrugs, "It's okay, doesn't really remind me of you though."

You nod and continue searching for a new perfume. You aren't going to commit to one half heartedly, so you keep searching.