Be My Mistake (24.1)

A/N: Hey besties! Thanks so much for sticking with me whilst I got this chapter out! Just a quick note... Wheels will be having some unprotected sex over the next few chapters and I just want to confirm that there will not be a pregnancy storyline in any future parts of the fic. Thank you all for sticking with my story, this chapter is heavy so get the wine and tissues ready. Thanks a million for reading x

~*~*~*~ Mid August 2017 ~*~*~*~

"Thanks for coming today." You smile over at your best friend, "I've had a good day."

"It's alright. You know I'm up for anything." Alex smiles back brightly, "And you know I like coming here too."

You can't help but smile at him and you take his hand in yours. You really needed this today, you needed to forget everything else for a while.

"I'm so glad you showed me this place." Alex smiles as he looks round your safe haven of pink petals, "It's always so beautiful."

You nod, looking around your spot in the park like you don't come every chance you can get. Regardless, you confirm, "Yeah, it is."

"Just like the person who found it, hey?" Alex grins when he glances back at you.

You press your lips together to stop yourself from smiling, but you end up laughing anyway. You shake your head, scorning him by calling him a, "Flirt."

Alex laughs but then makes a point, "You'd get bored of me if I didn't flirt with you."

"I wouldn't." You shake your head. You certainly couldn't get bored of him if you tried. "But I'll let it slide this once."

You'd been spending a lot of time together recently. Well, you'd been over at his flat a lot recently. Day time, night time, most of the time really.

Your best friend has been one of the main people you've spent your time with over the past month. With Y/B/F off on tours again, you spent the first few weeks trying to control your emotions before Alex pried you out of your flat and to his.

Thankfully, you wanted to head over there anyway. He's got that much space and such a stunning view of your home town that you brought a lot of your painting stuff with you and basically took over a full section of his home.

You had an easel positioned by his window and now a bunch of canvas' filled piling up against his wall of windows. Sometimes you'd paint the skyline, others you'd do sunset or sunrise depending on what time you were awake.

Sometimes it would be nothing at all and you'd start drawing sitting by his window on the floor because why not take a break and look at the amazing city below. You'd never been more grateful to Alex for letting you intrude on his home even when he sometimes wasn't even there.

But of course, he didn't mind having you in his space. In fact, he'd gone as far as to buy you a desk that he'd placed against his window so you could sit and draw comfortably. You had a whole art set up at his now which you couldn't thank him enough for. He'd really made you another safe haven away from home.

He's been really understanding and you're so thankful for him.

Alex gives your hand a squeeze bringing you back to the present and he asks, "How are you feeling... After everything?"

Well, that's a question with a lot of baggage. And Alex knows it's not an easy question for you with everything that's currently going on so he patiently waits for your answer.

You swallow the lump that wants to form in your throat and ask, "You want me to be honest?"

"Yeah." Alex nods.