From The Ritz To The Rubble (28.1)

A/N: Besties it's here. The last drama filled chapter before the enddd! We're getting closer now! I'm still so grateful that everyones still reading alone and sticking with me. Also I get to see both The 1975 and Arctic Monkeys next weekend and I've never been happier in my life!!!! The biggest thank you to alovesreading for your help with this chapter, I got this to everyone this week because she was endlessly encouraging me to write so thank you so much! Also there's a bit of French in this chapter but don't be going to google translate, the translation is there next to it. Thank you to red---moon​ for making sure the French is decent for me! Also a reminder that this is fiction and I treat all of these people I write about as characters so do not be giving me shit in my asks. Thanks again for reading, hope you enjoy the drama xx

~*~*~*~ 14th February 2019 ~*~*~*~

George.

George Daniel.

George fucking Daniel.

The forbidden love of your life.

Your soulmate.

Your long haired, man-bun perfectionist, gentle giant, lovable tree, George motherfucking Daniel... Cut his fucking hair.

And were you prepared for this? Absolutely not.

No, you weren't. And this is because you found out when you walked into a restaurant in North London on Valentines Day and were met with your George, sitting there waiting for you, looking all dapper in his suit, with freshly buzzed cut hair.

"What the fuck have you done to your hair?" The words slipped from your mouth before you even made it to the table.

George snorts as he gets up to greet you, pulling you into a hug as he grins, "Hello to you too Baby."

"Why have you cut your hair?" You ask him, unable to stop yourself from looking at his now very short hair.

It's actually unnerving looking at him without hair. Since you were 17 you've known George to have long hair and yes everyone in your Manchester group of friends has been making jokes about the giant's receding hairline for the past five years, but God you loved the man-bun so much you hoped this day would never come.

But it seems it has. RIP hot man-bun George Daniel era. Gone but certainly not forgotten.

As you take your seats at the table, your soulmate grins as he says, "Well apparently you shag people with buzzcuts, so I was trying for this to finally be my day."

"Shut up." You shake your head at him, your cheeks heating up a little at the mention of your activities with your best friend more than a fortnight ago now. You correct him, "And I shagged him before it was cut off."

"Sure it was." George chuckles before picking up the menu in front of him.

Dinner with George is amazing, as it usually is. The pair of you together just ooze sexual tension mixed with unmatched adoration for each other so you both flick between flirty and sweet the entire time.

Of course though, George brings up Alex again saying that you 'cheated' on him with 'one of your many best friends you sleep with' and you just end up laughing at that. Your soulmate then asks if it's continuing with Alex or not and you tell him the whole truth.

That things between you and Alex are fine and back to usual. There was obviously the odd flirty comment after what happened and the both of you maybe had that phone call you promised him a few nights after he left you littered with bruises. But you didn't tell George that part.