Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High (17.3)

Make sure you read 17.2 first x

~*~*~*~ One Week Later ~*~*~*~

"Have you ever seen me skate?" You ask your best friend curiously as you walk down the road hand in hand.

You're currently in Los Angeles just seeing the sights before their gig tonight. You'd been here a few days and you'd seen most of the usual tourist attractions, but you'd also got the locals tour because Alex had lived here for a while, just like you had a few weeks ago when you were in New York.

You spent a few nights in Alex's flat, in his bed and it threw you back to your past a little bit. It reminded you of when you'd fall asleep kissing and cuddling before his Favourite Worst Nightmare tour.

Nothing more had happened between the two of you, and you weren't going to let it go past the kisses and cuddles that you shared. Certainly not on tour anyway, maybe when you got home you'd pursue it more if you were both still like this with each other, but until then that was a no go.

You're both perfectly fine with what's happening between you right now. And you're happy walking down the road hand in hand with him and not hiding away from anyone.

Alex nods in response to your question, remembering you bringing it to the park a fair few times back in the day, "Yeah."

He glances toward the concrete skate park that was coming up on your right. He could see you eyeing it up earlier on when you walked past it, so he had guessed that on the way back you may have wanted to stop and take a closer look.

"I mean on ramps." You adjust your question slightly, never remembering Alex seeing you on a proper skatepark. "Like doing tricks?"

Alex shakes his head, "No."

The grin that spreads across your face makes Alex's heart swell. You squeeze his hand and pull him in the direction of the park, "Come on."

After dragging him over and getting up on the side of one of the concrete ramps, you both watched the organised chaos that was a skatepark. To Alex though, it was just truly pure chaos.

He thought that everyone was about to skate into each other whilst watching and his heartbeat was going up just watching it. Alex's heart rate spiked though when you asked a kid, that looked around the age of 21, "Hey, can I borrow your board for a few minutes please?"

"Ha, sure," The American kid laughs sarcastically. He hands you his board and nods, "Go for it, Babe."

Alex watches as you narrow your eyes at the kid, "And what's the condescending tone for?"

"Just be a miracle for a pretty girl to do anything on a skateboard." The guy says back to you as take the board from him.

Oh you can't wait to get back on a skateboard and show this fucker up.

Alex can see the determination in your eyes when you turn back to him for a second after saying, "Okay." to the kid.

Your best friend gives you a silent look that asks 'are you sure?' and you just smile at him and nod. You know he'd be a little worried about you, as you'd told him on the way over you hadn't skated since before the accident.

But you know yourself and your ability with your legs, and even if you did deck it, you'd been through much worse. It wasn't like a scraped knee would be a patch on the massive scar on your thigh.

Thankfully though, you were wearing jeans today so even if you did fall off you should be okay.

When you put the board down on the edge of the ramp, Alex feels like his heart is in his mouth. But he finds it even worse when you drop off and skate down the ramps and you start weaving your way around other people.