\\.fourteen.//

You know I'm not someone who gives up easily and admits that they've lost. But sometimes, I really need to put my goddamn ego away and measure my limits better.

I was at the twenty-sixth round of almost non-stop running and I was so tired, that if I moved another inch I would fall down unconscious. Again. Even though I wasn't wearing my jacket anymore.

"H-how am I doing, Levi..?" I gasped, as I turned at him.

"You've lasted much more than I thought you would. Normally I would tell you to stop, but since we have a bet, I don't think I'll let you win.." He snickered, staring mockingly at me.

I sighed in remorse. "So you're planning to keep me running all day-long?"

"Nah. Ten more rounds. But you'll have to give it all, because I'll be timing you." He smirked, as picked up a small timer from his pocket.

"Huh? But that's against the rules!" I whined right away.

"Your complaining is also against the rules. But you're still doing it nonetheless.." He glanced at me with his usual sassy look I hate to love.

I cussed under my breath, huffing loudly. I had run way too much -much more than I had my entire life- so I would never make ten more rounds. Especially if I'm being timed.

I didn't even try to start another round. Enough risks for today; I fainted way more times than I should in just one hour.

I walked towards Levi with a half-stare look on my eyes. You know, that one look when you've lost but don't want to admit it. That one.

He smirked, as he approached me with a much more satisfied look on his face. "..Well?"

"...You won." I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"Oh, really.." he snickered, "Good job. You really did try, I can't deny that. But the whole bet wasn't really that fair, to be honest.. The consequences are still valid for you, though."

"I know, I know.."

He came closer and pinched my cheek, which has obviously become red from exhaustion. Probably.

"Oh, come on. Don't pout like this.. Just be careful next time you'll put a bet with me." He smirked, pinching my cheek. "There's something I want to ask you, however. Do you.. smoke?"

I flinched by that sudden question. "...Yeah, I do.. I try to quit it though.."

"You don't need to explain yourself. I just asked because I noticed that when you were panting earlier, your cough sounded familiar." He continued. "I.. smoke as well."

"Oh, you do..?" I was left quite surprised, "Then you'll know how hard it is to quit, huh?"

"I definitely can." He huffed. "It's kind of embarrassing, isn't it? Learning that a trainer who's supposed to be a role model of a good-health lifestyle, smokes. Kind of pathetic.."

"That's not the way I see it." I commented. "I know first-hand that smoking is something really sneaky, that keeps haunting you when you try to get rid of it. And.. it's some short of escape, right? It's easier to letting all the pain out by huffing the smoke off.."

"..Exactly. You pointed that just right." He admitted, taking a better look at me. "You know, you really do understand me at times. And the way you talk about everything.. is just so mesmerizing. I love the way you perceive certain things. You don't meet people like you everyday.."

I smiled genuinely, playing with my hair. I'm just so weak when Levi points out good things about me. He's so honest that when he states something, he actually means it. From his heart.

"Don't compliment me too much, you'll get me spoiled.." I chuckled.

"Oh, you don't want me to..?" He smirked.

"No, I do." I giggled, pumping his shoulder. "You know how us girls are.. We actually love it when a sassy man compliments us. It feels more real in that case."

"You shouldn't compliment men like me too much, either. We might comprehend something wrong.." He continued.

"..heh, you never know. You might get it right, too.." I snickered. "Wow, we ended up in another one of those long conversations of ours, huh? It got a little more personal, though.."

"That's true. But that's not necessarily bad, right?" He gifted me with another one of his slight smiles. "I'll better get you back now. You trained enough for today. You have long nights coming ahead, afterall.." He took me towards the exit.

"Uh, shit.." I sighed, following him outside the field. "A bet is a bet, I guess. It might not be that bad, in the end.."

"That's right." He sniggered. "And by the way, you looked hella good today with that bra. And I didn't find it provocative at all."

There go my cheeks again.. All-red. And this time, I'm sure it's from embarrassment. "I'm glad you pointed that out.." I chuckled, as I bumped him once again with my shoulder. "But can you please stop making me blush all the time? It makes me seem embarrasingly weak.." I complained.

"I find it cute." He smirked. "Oh, sorry. You're doing it again.."