\\.forty-four.//

Fucking hell.

Why the hell did things have to turn out like that.

Just a couple of hours before the fight. Just a couple of hours before the moment she's been awaiting for so damn long.

I clicked my tongue, blowing the smoke out of my mouth. I shouldn't have bought this damn pack but I couldn't help myself from smoking now.

Goddammit, baby.

I couldn't stand see the tears roll down form her eyes like that. She was so devastated. The way she grabbed my shirt and begged me.. fuck.

I know I broke her heart. I know how damn much hurt she is.

Babe.. of course I know what it's like to be robbed from your greatest moment.

I'm still mad at her. I cannot fucking understand why all these damn lies. Her leg, the fact she used to play kickboxing.. Did she never really trust me? Why would she be so secretive?

...

I went down another cigarette

..but I suppose, I wasn't so open about my past either. It took me awhile to finally be in the place to tell her as well. We both tried to bury it. And that included not always telling the truth too.

How am I going to confront her about this. She wouldn't wanna talk. She wouldn't wanna talk about it for who knows how long.

If I get home now, I'm betting she'd be sitting on the couch all cuddled up with her plush, still with tears on her eyes.

What the fuck do I do.

How the hell do I make her feel better now. Cause I wanna see her brighten up again. I can't keep fucking seeing her so heartbroken. But what the hell do I do..

I walked around town for a while. I reached one of my favorite places near a garden park, that I used to visit a lot in the past. It's so quiet there, and seriously it's the only thing I need now. Too many people in a single place get on my damn nerves.

A couple of stray cats had approached me and sat all around me near the bench.

I kept observing them, when I suddenly remembered about that little kitten from the shelter she would always talk to me about.

She loved him so much. He was living there for months, since he didn't have much luck finding an owner by being so tiny and missing a leg.

I smiled, raising myself up.

I know what will make her cheer up. I've been thinking of having a pet for a while, and now's the perfect chance to go adopt that little guy. She's gonna love that. That's the only way I can think of to make my baby cheer up.

I reached the animal center where she works at. My eyes fell almost immediately on him when I entered; he might be missing a leg and be the smallest in there, but he sure is prominent.