\\.forty-nine.//

I stretched my arms, leaving a slight moan as I moved around the bed. My blanket has fallen down and I was all curled up with the sheets, once again. Seriously I can't spend a single night without getting literally fucking imprisoned.

I opened my eyes and took a look around, realizing I actually wasn't in the bed I thought I was. Neither mine nor Levi's.

Is this.. a hospital?

What the..

"Casually early as always

"Casually early as always.." I suddenly heard a very, very familiar soft voice calling next to the bed. "..and of course you got no issue getting comfortable."

I giggled, turning towards him. "Baby.. w-what.. what happened..?" I attempted raising myself up, not taking long to realize I couldn't actually feel anything from the torso down. "The fight.. you did come to the fight, didn't you..?"

He smiled gently, leaning down to me to wrap his arms around my chest. "I told you everything's going to be okay. Remember? If there is one thing you can always do is trust me."

I huffed loudly, as I began to comprehend everything that was going on, putting the pieces together. It was finally time for me to deal with the consequences of what I've done.

I gulped, taking a look down.

"..have I.. lost it..?"

He placed his hand on my hair, softly stroking my head. "No, baby. Of course not."

"Then.. why, why can't I feel anything.."

"Anesthesia was the only way that you wouldn't feel the pain. And well, when you were first brought here, things didn't seem so pretty.." He sighed, "But eventually everything turned out okay. I didn't expect anything less from my girl, afterall."

The door suddenly opened, as the doctor walked in the room.

"Levi is absolutely right about that, (f/n)." He smiled at me. "Though I didn't expect it at first, when I first saw you after the fight, but you managed to surprise me. Once again.."

"Dr. West.." I spelled, recognizing my old doctor. "Uh, I, I don't really know how to explain myself after all this.." I giggled nervously.

"You really shouldn't, considering everything I've warned you about the last time you were here.." he shook his head, taking steps closer to us.

"The good news are, it isn't something permanent. But, it is serious enough to restrain you a lot."

I felt suddenly relieved after that. Thank God my doctor knows how to say some tragic ass stuff in the most calming way possible.

"So that means I'll be able to walk with it again..?"

"Thankfully, yes. Someday.." he asserted me. "But for the time being, you'll have to use a wheelchair in all your transportations. We must hold you back from even pressing your leg, for two months at least. After that, considering you're in a better condition, we could work with a couple of crutches."