Chapter 1: Taunt

"Alright, man. Let's go to bed." Parker mumbles, rubbing his eyes.

Right now, the two of them are in the home of an elderly woman by the name of Judis, who sent them an email saying that something or someone might be in her house, uninvited.

When they arrived at the house, the lady was already suspicious as hell. She talked slowly, slurred her words like she was under the influence of something, and walked insanely slow, sometimes laughing to herself.

Chester and Parker don't think much of it, for they have seen a lot worse than this old woman who is pretty much one step away from her being six feet underground.

The lady shows them to the room they will be sleeping in, then leaves to go fix dinner. The room had two small beds in it.
"Dude, finally! Two beds! We can finally sleep in our own personal space!" Parker beams, overjoyed but still trying to keep his voice down. Now, as for Chester, he was, well...bummed out? He really didn't want to sleep alone, especially in a house like this. "Well....I kind of liked the way it was before..." Chester says, practically in a whisper. Parker turns to him, dumbfounded. "Dude....what?" He glares. "Well...uh-" before Chester can say anything else, Parker cuts him off.
"Whatever, I need to use the restroom." He grumbles, leaving the room.

Chester turns to look at the two beds. Without hesitation, he walks over to one of the bed sides, and proceeds to push the beds together. There's no way in hell he was gonna sleep in a separate bed tonight. He didn't care if Parker's bed was only like a foot away from him, he needed to feel safe.

And only Parker could make him feel safe in a place like this.

Surprisingly, Parker didn't seem to notice the beds together, or maybe he was too tired to care, because he hopped into his own side without any complaints. Before drifting off, he mumbled a little "goodnight" to Chester, which he replied back, "goodnight, dude."

Though, little did Chester know, he wasn't going to sleep that easily. His mind started to wander in the middle of the night, leading to something very unfortunate.....

Well, at least for Chester's sleep.