Chapter 14: The Other Side Of Paradise

The police were called, and the body was examined and taken away. They both were questioned, but quickly let off the hook since they really had nothing to do with the crime scene. The crazy woman was arrested for murder, and the police were still looking through the house when Parker and Chester left.

The car ride home was silent.
Neither of them could believe what happened tonight.
When they got home, Parker surprisingly didn't immediately grab the laptop, but instead quietly sat down on the couch, thinking to himself.

Chester took off his sunglasses and placed them on the kitchen table. Then went to go sit next to Parker.

They didn't need to post anything onto YouTube, surly there would be a news report about all of this soon.

Parker decides to speak up first.
"Chester...man...I'm so sorry..." He whispers, looking down at the ground.
"No, I'm sorry. If I didn't run out like that, we wouldn't be in this mess..." Chester mumbles, trying to keep his eyes focused on Parker.

"But if I went after you sooner-"
"Parker...."
"You didn't need to see that poor lady-"
"Parker."
"And now everybody's all fucked up-"
"PARKER."
Parker finally looks up at Chester, and Chester couldn't believe what he was seeing.
Parker was crying. He never cried in front of Chester before.

"I was so scared, Chester...." Parker croaks.
"I've never felt that scared before...it felt like I was dying..." he sobs, resting his head on Chester's shoulder.

Chester didn't know what to say. If anything, he felt like crying, too.
"I don't know what I would've done if she..."
"Hey, hey...dude..." Chester cuts him off, pulling him in for a hug.

Parker didn't hesitate to hug him back, sobbing harder into his shirt.
"You're okay....I'm okay...everyone is safe...we're both fine, Parker..." Chester whispers, rubbing his back for comfort.

"I know...it's just..." Parker sniffles.
"I love you, dude...you're truly too important to me.."

It wasn't the "I love you" Chester was looking for, but damn it, it was good enough.

"I love you too, Parker...your important to me, too..."

Chester pulls away from the hug, just far enough so he can plant a small kiss on Parker's forehead.
Parker just smirks, wiping his eyes.

"Well...it's pretty late..." Parker looks up at the wall clock. It's midnight.
"Yeah...it is..." Chester replies, rubbing his eyes.
"Do...you think you could fall sleep tonight?" Parker asks.
"Eh...not by myself, no." Chester says innocently.
"Me neither..." Parker mumbles.
...
...
They both smile at each other.