Chapter 39: As the World Caves In

The bed felt cold.
The bed also felt empty.

Parker hugged the Pillow that Chester usually slept on close to his chest. Suddenly nothing felt right anymore...

He wanted to cry, but that would be stupid. Why would he want to cry over something like this? Things are finally going back to what they once were! Him and Chester get to go back to recording. He can finally start checking emails again.....things are going to be back to normal.

...
So why does he feel like screaming...?
...
Because he loves him, that's why.
He doesn't want things to go back to "normal."
He wants to wake up beside him every morning and cover his entire body in kisses.
He wants to keep falling in love with this idiot.
Because Chester was HIS idiot.
...
Is he really never going to be able to kiss him again? Or was this break only temporarily..?

Parker holds onto the pillow tighter, suppressing tears from leaving his eyes.

He just wants to hold him, but can he even do that anymore? God, what CAN he do now?

"God...Damn it..." Parker mumbles into the pillow, getting ready to start sobbing at any minute.

If Chester were here, right next to him, he would probably be all over him. Kissing gently at his neck, and then he'd probably move his lips lower and lower until....

Parker slams his head into the pillow, no longer wanting to think about...that.
Because, truth be told, it would only hurt him more.

And he fucking hated that.
He hates the fact that he can't have that anymore.
He can't kiss him anymore, he can't mark him anymore, he can't cuddle with him anymore....

And he can't truthfully say "I love you" anymore.
Because his version would probably go past "friendship" terms.

Parker feels a tear fall from his face, landing on the pillow. How the hell was he supposed to sleep tonight? This was torture and it hasn't even been 20 minutes....

He felt like the world was caving in around him.
He felt scared and alone.

He wanted Chester close to him, but he couldn't even have that anymore.

Parker was pathetically in love with the guy that's slowly killing him. He's losing sleep because of Chester.

Chester is probably sleeping like a baby right now while he's up in the middle of the night crying like one!

Parker closes his eyes, just wanting to feel the sweet embrace of sleep once more, just like every other night.

(How the hell was I able to fall asleep all those other nights without him?!) Parker practically screams in his head.

Oh, right.
Because he didn't know he loved him before.
He then realized that his question was quite stupid, actually.

Parker sighs, falling back onto his own pillow, covering his body up with more blankets.

This was going to be a long night....

God dammit....

He just wants Chester next to him.
He just wants to hold him, even for just a second...

Parker finally gives in to his emotions, bursting out in tears. He grabs Chester's pillow, holding it close to him once more.

He's madly in love with this idiot, and Chester probably doesn't even know it.