Chapter 54: Wrecking Ball

Chester and Parker spent the rest of the night cleaning up the house to the best of their abilities. Of course, the door was an entirely different story...they would probably need extra help for that one.

"You think this tarp is actually going to stop random strangers from walking in?" Chester laughs, watching Parker nail the thick sheet to the partly broken front door frame.

"Uhhh...I hope so? I literally don't want to deal with anyone else tonight...." Parker sighs, backing up a few steps.

"Well, does it at least look decent?" Parker asks, squinting his eyes at the hanging tarp.

"Yeah, it looks great." Chester lies through his teeth. He just really didn't want to make Parker do any extra work for the rest of the night.

"You're lying, I can hear the guilt in your voice." Parker huffs, smirking.

"I beg to differ? I would NEVER lie to you!" Chester whines, earning a rough pat on the back.

"Whatever, dude. Do you wanna go back and check if we missed any small glass pieces on the kitchen floor?" Parker yawns, stretching his arms.

"We can do that later, we both need sleep, man." Chester mumbles, leaning his head against Parker's shoulder.

"But what if we forget? Then one of us will have  to deal with glass in our feet." Parker groans.

"Surely, that huge hole in our house will help you remember...." Chester laughs, burying his face into Parker's neck.

"Yeah, I guess your right...." Parker sighs, putting a hand through Chester's messy hair.

Chester gently kisses his neck before pulling back, smiling softly.
"Good, now can we go back to bed?"

"Whatever you want, babe."

Chester chokes on his spit, coughing violently.

"Chester?? You good?" Parker asks, patting his back.

"Sorry, sorry..." Chester coughs, "That just...caught me off guard, that's all."

"Do you even like that name? I could probably change it up or something..." Parker mumbles.

"Uh...it's fine. I don't mind it, like, at all..." Chester smiles, throwing his arms over Parker's neck.

"Now then, carry me!" Chester sings, trying to lift himself up into Parker's arms.

"GAHH! DUDE, YOUR HEAVY, GET OFF YOUR GONNA BREAK MY NECK!!" Parker wheezes, losing his balance.

They both go tumbling to the ground, just barley missing a small piece of glass.

Chester looks next to Parker's head, "Oh hey, I found some more glass."

"I TOLD YOU!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Parker dusted off the blankets before the both of them got in.

"We're gonna have to get new flooring, ...I keep stepping into tiny bullet holes." Chester whines, dragging his tired body over to Parker's side, wrapping his arms around him gently.

"Yeah, I'm aware, dingus." Parker rolls his eyes, covering himself up.

Chester hums, laying his head down onto Parker's upper back.

"Goodnight, Parker...." Chester hums.
....
"Goodnight, Chester."
.
.
.
"Hey, Parker...?" Chester whispers.
...
"Yeah?"
....
"I love you..."
....
"I love you too, Chester." Parker smiles, closing his eyes.