Chapter 38: Not Allowed

Parker is laying on the couch still, waiting for Chester to get out of the shower. You truly don't know how long that guy will take one for. Sometimes it's only a few minutes, and other times it can be hours.

Parker sighs, grabbing the remote to turn off the tv, which finished playing the movie they were supposed to be watching a while ago.

...
Parker needs to tell him the truth soon. The guilt is killing him slowly at this point. He fears that Chester might soon think he's only using him for sex and nothing more. By the time they go back to filming, everything between them will make stuff awkward as hell.

Chester opens the bathroom door, walking out as beautiful as ever.

"Hey, um, your feeling okay still, right?" Parker asks, sitting up from his spot on the couch.

"Uh, yeah. I feel alright. What about you?" Chester stretches his arms before flopping back onto the couch next to Parker.

"I'm fine....so...can we talk about something?" Parker practically whispers.

Chester raises an eyebrow. "Sure...?"

"Alright, so, do you think...I'm using you?" Parker exhales quickly.

"Huh?? Why would you think that?" Chester frowns, scooting closer.

"I don't know...it just feels that way to me, I guess. I've been feeling pretty bad about it..."

Chester looks at the ground, contemplating something for a while.

...

"I would be lying if I said I never thought about the same thing." Chester smiles weakly.

Parker's eyes widen a bit, more in shock than sadness and fear.
"So...what do we do now?"
...
"Should we go back to working." Chester announces suddenly.

"W-What?! But, what about the-"

"It'll be fine, dude. I'm sure of it." Chester cuts Parker off, grabbing onto his hand.

"Alright...but how will that help our problem?" Parker asks.

"It's simple....we'll just go back to our normal lives like usual." Chester says at the ground, a shiver leaving his body.

Parker feels his heart stop for a brief moment. What...is happening...? THIS wasn't supposed to happen...!

"But...what about-..." Then Parker is interrupted once again...
"Look, you can start hanging out with your friends, or look through emails on the laptop, whatever you want to do." Chester smiles, but to Parker, it looks like he's about to cry.

"What about you?!" Parker asks in a panic.
"I'll just...be on my phone all day. I really didn't have a lot before all of this went down...haha..." Chester laughs dryly.

Parker feels like the world was actually ending now. Why would he want this for them? Wasn't he happy??

"Chester, I don't understand...."

Chester frowns, bringing the other in for a hug.
"To sum it up...maybe we just need a break, you know?"
....
Oh.
Oh dear god.
Oh dear god no.
"Oh...huh..." is all Parker could say so he doesn't break down in front of him.

"So when you wake up, go ahead and check some emails for me, okay?" Chester smiles, letting Parker go and standing up.

"H-Hey...where are you going?" Parker quickly asks.

"Huh? To my room...you know, for bed." Chester says nonchalantly, walking away.
...
He's even sleeping in his own room again.
Oh no.
Oh fuck.
What is happening?!