Chapter 7: Do it all the time

The shower was nice. Chester was in there until all the hot water ran out, which would probably take hours for that to happen. Time sure flies by when your panicking.

(He wasn't acting, right? He was actually asleep, RIGHT??) Chester questions frantically in his mind.
(Okay, you know what, me? If he really WAS awake, he would've put me a chokehold and KILLED me. So in conclusion, he must've been asleep! 100%!) Chester assures himself before walking out of the bathroom.

"Hey, man..."
"AAAH!" Chester screams, about to bolt it to his room.
"WHOA! Chester, calm down!" Parker says, covering his ears. "Damn, your loud...." he mumbles.
"Oh, hey dude!" Chester smiles nonchalantly, like he almost didn't just sucker punch his best friend right in the nose.
"Uhhhh...feeling better?" Chester asks, trying to look anywhere else but at Parker.

"Dude, I just had the CRAZIEST dream." Parker gasps, like he just remembered what he came to him for.

"Oh yeah?" Chester nods, slowly dying inside.
"Yeah! So like, it was me and you, right? And we were at a beach! And like, bro, you thought it was a good idea to go into the deep end or something, so you started drowning!" Parker inhales, catching his breath before continuing.
"I tried to save you, but...suddenly it felt like something heavy was on my legs? I don't know...but then I started drowning, too..." Parker looks down at the ground.

Chester was speechless. Well, until....
"So THATS why you were kicking..." was quickly whispered out of Chester's mouth.
Parker immediately looks up, wide eyed.
"DUDE, YOU KNEW?!" Parker yells.

Well, now Chester's fucked.
"OH."
"WELL."
"I."
"UH."
"SO."
"YOU SEE."
"HM."
"BRO."
Chester just stops talking completely, collecting himself before starting over.
"Yeah...I went into your room to check up on you and you were kicking around a bunch." Chester lies through his teeth.

"Oh. You actually checked up on me?" Parker asks, still wide eyed.
"Yes? Dude, I even got you some medicine. Look, it might not be the RIGHT medicine though, I sort of just winged it. So if it's completely wrong, I'm sor-"

Before Chester could finish, he was suddenly caught off guard by the embrace of Parker.
Parker was hugging him.
"Thanks, dude. You really didn't have to, but I appreciate it." Parker laughs, patting Chester's back before walking back to his room.

Chester's entire body was in flames.
He loved it.