Chapter 48: Crimewave

"No....no, no, NO!!!" Chester yells, kicking the dashboard of the car.

"Chester, dude....I'm so, so, sorry..." Parker whispers, shutting off his phone.

"SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THESE CRIMES!!! WHY DON'T THEY JUST SHOOT HER ALREADY?!" Chester sobs, burying his face in Parker's shoulder.

"Chester..." Parker starts to tear up as well.

"THIS ISN'T FAIR! NONE OF THIS IS FAIR!!!" He continues to scream, like he's trying to break his own voice.

"SHE WAS MY FRIEND!!! JESS WAS MY FRIEND, DAMN IT!!!"

Chester just kept continuing to scream while waterfalls of tears fell down his face. Parker didn't bother to stop him. After all, he had every right to be mad. They truly are in a horror movie right now...

It took quite a few minutes before Chester even remotely tried to calm down.

"Do you....wanna go back to the house?" Parker whispers, rubbing his shoulder.

Chester nods, covering his face with both of his hands.

.
.
.
.
.
.
When they did get back, Chester went straight for the couch, burying his face in one of the cushions.

While he was continuing to sob his breath away, Parker was contemplating on buying another lock for the front door. They were next, weren't they? Kacy was totally after them now...

"Chester, wanna run back into town with me to buy a few more locks for the door?" Parker asks, turning back to look at the poor guy.

Chester was hugging a couch pillow, gently rocking himself back and forth.
"This is it...we're all gonna die...she's gonna find us..." Chester mumbles in between sobs.

"We're not going to die, dude." Parker huffs, walking towards him.

Chester just cries harder, burying his face back into the small pillow.

Parker gently sits down next to him, reaching an arm out to touch his hair.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said it like that..." Parker mumbles, caressing Chester's messy hair.

"Chester, I won't let her get to you, I promise...."

....
"And what if she gets to YOU?" Chester whispers, looking up at Parker with his baby blue eyes.

"Then...I'll lose you, too. And then I'll have nobody..." Chester cries, quickly grabbing onto Parker's shirt.

"I don't wanna lose you, Parker...I don't want to see you die..." He sobs into the others shirt.

Parker could feel tears start to form in his own eyes as well. He's never seen Chester this upset before, let alone this afraid about losing him.

"Chester....no..." Parker's breath hitches, pulling him in closer.

"You aren't going to lose me...and I'm not going to lose you, either. We're gonna make it out of this alive, I promise." He whispers, burying his hand in Chester's fluffy mess of hair.

"Parker...." Chester sobs.
"Hm?"
....
"I...I love you...so, so, much..." Chester whispers.

"I know....I love you, too..." Parker smiles, but surprisingly, he doesn't receive one back.

"N-No...you don't understand..." Chester shakily exhales.

"What are you...saying?" Parker curiously asks.

....
....
"Never mind....I'll tell you soon..." Chester sighs, burying his face back into Parker's now soaked shirt.

"Pfff, okay....take your time then..."