Chapter 20: Trees

Things were awkward when Parker came back into the room. He didn't look as shocked as he once was, but a hint of it was still there. Chester didn't feel like doing anything anymore. Everything felt...wrong? Did he do something wrong? He couldn't wrap his head around anything.

Chester glanced at Parker, who looked to be trapped in his own thoughts. Man, they should've just gone to bed. This is so stupid.

"Parker, dude...I know you probably feel uncomfortable right now..." Parker looks up at Chester as he continued speaking...

"And I would just like to say...that we can stop this whole...thing we have been doing...if it makes you feel better..."

Parker's eyes widen, and he goes to say something but Chester isn't done with his little speech yet.

"Hopefully things won't be as awkward for now on, I still want to be your best-"

"Chester, shut up." Parker finally speaks up.
"But-"
"Chester, no."
"Dude, I-"
"CHESTER."
Parker grabs ahold of Chester's hand, which was now shaking with fear and anxiety.

"Chester. I'm not going to leave you, nor am I saying that we should call all of this off." Parker reassured Chester, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Then...then what do you WANT to say, Parker? I'm tired and I want to sleep, just say what you need to." Chester mumbles, all hope leaving his voice.
...
...

"I liked it." Parker whispers.
...
"Huh?" Chester raises his eyebrows.

"I...liked it...when we...when I...uh..." Parker starts to trip over his words, his face turning a new shade of pink.

Chester's heart skips a beat, and his eyes widen. He can feel Parker's grip on his hand tighten.

"Is this...what you felt like when you found out you were..."
Chester gives him a confused look, but quickly puts the pieces together.

"Oh...wait, feel what exactly?" Chester whispers .

"Fear." Parker replies.

.....
"Yeah...I felt a lot of fear..." Chester says, resting his forehead on Parker's shoulder.

"I felt so out of place, dude....I didn't feel right with the world. When I told people about it, everyone ridiculed me. So, I hid from the world for a while...I hid from everyone, including you. You are the first person I've ever told that's actually accepted me for who I am..."

Chester sniffles, letting tears roll down his cheeks.

"You are truly an amazing person, Parker. There's no one I'd rather be with right now...not that I have many options..." Chester laughs, wiping his eyes.

...
"Chester...?" Parker mumbles.
"Yeah?" Chester lifts his head up.
"Can I..try something?" Parker asks softly.
...
"Sure, go ahead..." Chester smiles.
...
Parker turns around, face to face with Chester again. Parker slowly brings his hand up to Chester's chin, grabbing onto it gently.

"Parker...?" Chester whispers.
Then....
...
Chester felt warm lips on his own. It wasn't rough or extra dramatic....it was just....
perfect.
It doesn't last long, unfortunately.
Parker soon pulls back, exhaling.

Chester is stunned, trying to keep his nerves under control.

Parker's hand hasn't left his chin, though...
Should he do something...?

"Parker...." Chester whispers, holding back a scream of pure joy.

"Okay...I...liked that, too..." Parker announces, cracking a smile.

"Alright....so...what does that mean, then?" Chester asks.

"It means...." Parker begins, letting go of Chester's chin.

"I might be bi."