Chapter 53: Come A Little Closer

"WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME DO THIS FOR YOU?!" Chester screams.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! GET YOURSELF KILLED OVER ME?!" Parker yells back.

Suddenly, they can hear police sirens from outside of their house.

Though, the slamming on the door does not stop, actually, it only gets louder.

"CHESTER, CMON MAN! YOUR GONNA GET SLICED UP IF YOU KEEP STANDING THERE!"

More tears start to form in Chester's eyes as he hears the hinges on the door start to break.

This thing was gonna get in the room first before the cops....wasn't it?

Chester sighs heavily, turning around to face the door.

Parker's screams only grew louder once he realized what Chester was about to do.

"Parker....hide. It's after me, and me alone." Chester whispers calmly.

"NO! CHESTER, STOP IT!" Parker sobs, still trying to drag him away from the door.

"Parker, let go...please..." Chester whimpers, his voice more hoarse.

"No...please, Chester....no..." Parker sobs into his shoulder.

One hinge on the door snaps off, just barley missing Parker's foot.

"GOD, WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME DO THIS FOR YOU?!" Chester screams in defeat.

"BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU, DAMN IT!!!" Parker yells.

The other hinges fling off the door, the monster then grabs the newly loosened door, flinging it away into the kitchen.

Parker grabbed ahold of Chester's arm again, pulling him as far away as he could from it.

"HEY, IF YOU WANNA TAKE HIM, THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO TEAR THROUGH ME FIRST!" Parker screams as the monster approaches closer and closer.

Chester is beyond terrified now, he couldn't even breathe anymore.

They both were staring at the thing that has been tormenting them for ages, and now they're gonna die because of it.

Chester has failed Kacy. Chester has failed Jess.
.
.
.
Chester has failed Parker.

This was it, this was the end, and you know the worst part about all of this is?

He never got to confess to Parker.
But here he is, about to die in his arms as his neck most likely gets flung off of his body.

This was how his story ended.
A miserable guy with a stupid crush, no god can save him now....
.
.
.
.
.
But police can....and guns can.

Chester had his eyes shut, but he could hear the ear deafening noise of bullets being shot.

He felt hands cover his ears, he couldn't tell if those were his hands or not.
Actually, he might be passing out right now....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hey...."
.
.
.
.
"Helloooo...?" A faint voice can be heard.
....
"Mm?" Chester groans, not having enough strength to sit up, let alone open his eyes.

"Chester, you did it!" A familiar voice can be heard now.

"Who...?" Chester whispers, attempting to open at least one eye.

"It's uh, Kacy again." The voice says.

"Oh...hello..." Chester smiles, rubbing his eyes.

Wait...

Chester slowly sits up, looking at Kacy's direction, and then his surroundings.