Chapter 47: Devil Town

Chester slept in Parker's room for the night. Well, it wasn't like he had a choice, Parker refused to leave him alone for the entire night.

It was nearly 8AM when Chester woke up to his ribs slowly being crushed.....

Just kidding! Parker just had him in a death hug when he gained consciousness, and it only merely felt like his ribs were being shattered.

"Owww...fudge...protective much?" Chester whines, squirming from the pain being shot up into his lungs.

It took him a few minutes to finally break free from Parker's grasp. Huffing, he gets up from the bed, clenching onto this chest.

The pain quickly went away when he started walking, thankfully. He left his phone on the kitchen table last night, probably due to the fact that Parker had to literally drag him to bed. Chester wanted to stay up for Jess's sake, but they both knew they needed sleep.

Chester turned on his phone, expecting at least one notification from Jess.

But to his surprise, there wasn't any. That was odd...he at least thought she would call him eventually. Who knows, maybe her phone went dead or something.

🕶- Hey, you awake? *

Chester puts his phone back on the table, waiting for a response. Jess is a fast typer so it shouldn't be long...

.
.
.
.
.
.
An hour goes by, and still nothing.
Parker soon walks in the room, yawning.
"Anything from Jess yet?"

"No..." Chester frowns, turning on his phone to make sure he didn't just accidentally miss her text.

Nope, still nothing....

"Dude, she's probably just sleeping or something." Parker sighs, opening the fridge to grab some orange juice.

"Yeah, your probably right..." Chester mumbles, laying his head down on the table.

"So when did you get up?" Parker asks, grabbing a cup from the cupboard.

Chester let's out a tiny laugh, glancing up at Parker.
"When I felt my ribs breaking..."

Parker practically slams down his cup, concern suddenly in his eyes.
"W-What?!"

"Pfff! I'm fine, I'm fine...it's just you uh, had a pretty tight grip on my body when I woke up..." Chester explains, laying his head sideways so he can look at him again.

"I didn't actually hurt you though, right?" Parker asks worriedly.

"No, you didn't. I promise, dude." Chester smiles.

*Ding!* Chester's phone suddenly goes off.

"Oh! She must finally be awake!" Chester exclaims, quickly picking up his phone.

Jess- Hello, just wanted to let you know that I got home safely, thanks. *

...?
What?

"Huh..." Chester mumbles, reading the text again.

"What's the problem?" Parker asks, picking the cup back up.

"Uh...she says she got home safely..."

Parker raises an eyebrow, confused. "Well, yeah...we did walk her home, after all..."

Chester takes a minute to think about what to text back.

🕶- Haha, what do you mean by that? *
....
The typing bubble kept appearing and disappearing, like she keeps messing up on something.

Jess- Chester, you are a cool person, you should come over today. *

Chester narrows his eyes a bit, not really knowing what to respond with.

🕶- I guess I could. I'll have to check if Parker would want to tag along. *

Jess suddenly starts typing fast, the text bubble moving around quicker.

Jess- No. Please come over alone. *
Jess- I want to talk with you alone. *
Jess- Come alone. *

....
Alright, something is clearly wrong. This...definitely isn't Jess.

"Uh...she's asking me to come over by myself?" Chester mumbles.

Parker puts down his cup again, walking over to Chester to read the texts for himself.

"....huh..." Parker whispers.
....
"Dude, this might be a call for help...." Chester whimpers, staring at the messages.

"Maybe...do you know her exact address?" Parker asks, taking out his own phone from his back pocket.

"Uh, yea..."

"Good, cuz I'm calling the police to check out her house."

.
.
.
.
.
.
The police were called. Parker explained everything to them, and they obviously listened rather quickly.

Parker turned off his phone, sighing.
"Well, they said one of them would call back if they found anything important over there..."

Chester just nods, resting his head back on the table. "I'm so tired of this, dude..."

Parker frowns, patting him gently on the back. "I know, I know....I am too. Hopefully this will all end today..."

....
....
....
About half an hour passes, and the two of them decided to drive around town a bit, maybe stopping somewhere to get food.

They eventually drive past Jess's house, which now had police cars everywhere around it.

"Bro, look!" Chester points.
Parker stops the car, staring at the cops walking in and out of the house.

"What the hell happened....?" Parker whispers.

Soon, they hear an ambulance coming their way. It stops next to the house as well, and about 4 guys come out from the back of the truck.

All four go in the house, they stay in there for about five minutes before coming back out with someone on a stretcher.

Their body is covered up in a white blanket.

Then, Parker gets a call....it's from the police.
....
Chester could faintly hear the voice on the other end....

"Sir, we found Jess...."
....
"Along with her remains."