Chapter 17 - U.A. Sports Festival Arc - Bound by no one

Michiyo was peeling an apple for Ranfa to eat. The loss did not bother her at all because knowing Ranfa loved her and never actually hate her was a victory for her. For Michiyo, her wishes were very simple and she wanted her family's love and support. Knowing she had it this whole time, she's so happy.

"You shouldn't have stepped out of bound, you know that?"

"I wanted to catch you."

"You would have been noticed by other Pro Heroes if you've won."

"Even so, I wanted to catch you."

Ranfa looked out of the window from the bed she's on. The sky was beautifully blue- was it always this beautiful? She never noticed. She had been focused on hiding the truth from Michiyo that she never really noticed it. "You've never once hated me?"

"I did and I regret it. When you make it sound like you killed dad and regret nothing, I really did hate you for a split second."

"What changed?"

"I remembered. That time I dropped my ice cream onto the floor, you shared yours with me. That time I wet the bed, you told mom and dad it was you. That time when I broke mom's favorite vase and you told her it was you. And then the time when we opened the cookie jar to find only one cookie in it, you gave it to me and wanted none of it...you always put me before yourself."

Ranfa smiled a little, "You're my sister. I'll always put you first even if you don't want me to."

"Onee..." Michiyo put the peeled apple and plate onto the table. She wanted to cry with the side of her head resting on Ranfa's lap. "Onee...!"

Ranfa put her hand on the side of Michiyo's head and she stroked her blue hair. "Even if villains are in the way or even if the whole world is out to get you, I'll always be the one right in front of you, shielding you from it all. Until I've breathed my last air, I'll always shield you." She loved her little sister so much. Even if she's beaten to the point her body's crying out for her to stop she knew for definite she will always fight on. Why? Because she's the older sister who will save her little sister.

...

That's enough of the Sakura twins for the time being. What's going on with the final of the first round fight? It's a full on rumble where three people will fight until there's last one standing. People were expecting an all out brawl but what they got instead was a honey badger lying down on the stage, out of the two's way. What was going on? Bakugou refused to fight Yuuki will she's still a honey badger. He demanded her to turn back into a human before they start fighting. It seemed like he looked forward to fighting her than Uraraka. Not to say that Uraraka didn't put up a fight, she's constantly making Bakugou aim low so she could make as much debris float up with her Zero Gravity as much as possible. And when she had collected enough, she literally made a meteor shower rain down on Bakugou. This made Yuuki have to move about to avoid getting hit by debris falling from high up!

Uraraka ran towards Bakugou, her aim was to catch Bakugou off guard when there's an opening; which one will he avoid?! The raining debris?! Or her who will make him float out of bound?! Either way, he shouldn't be able to avoid two things at once without an opening opening up! She had limited his options and she did all of this without Yuuki! 'I'm going to win! Just like Deku-kun!"

Bakugou decided against Uraraka's options: he chose to blast away the debris with one powerful blast of explosion. This made Uraraka really devastated because she was relying on the raining meteor shower to help her take down Bakugou! She wanted to win like Midoriya. She tried to get up but in the end her body gave into fatigue and Uraraka was the first to lose between them.