Chapter 95 - A better tomorrow

Even though the battle with Shigaraki was over for the time being, another fight came at the students and the many Heroes who were still alive; saving civilians who were affected by the collateral damage because Shigaraki destroyed a whole city with his power alone. As time dragged on, the amount of people injured, waiting to be treated, and casualties kept rising without a stop. People going missing and remain unfound was one of them. It was like coming out of a battle alive only to see the scenery before you become hell and there's no salvation for those who were witnessing it.

"I should...find a different job..." This hellish scenery with no sign of getting better wormed its way into the weak hearted Heroes. Heroes who once basked in the love of their fans couldn't find the resolve to continue to save others. As Heroes quit one by one, unrest continued to rise; who will protect civilians if Heroes no longer protect anyone? The ones remaining...they're taking on so many challenges as well as being the punching bag to civilians who relied on them.

When Kirishima, Ashido, Satou, and Yaoyorozu made it to where Midnight was, they saw something that horrified them. It's not the fact Midnight was lying there motionless...it's the fact Ranfa pulled her blade out of Midnight after stabbing her in the back. Ranfa's blade punctured through the heart, putting all signs of life out. 

"No way...no way! No way! No way!!!" Mina fell to the grass face first before she scrambled to hold Midnight's hand. Midnight's hand was still warm. She's not been dead for long. "This has to be a lie! No way!" 

"Midnight-sensei!" Yaoyorozu could feel no pulse. Midnight was gone. There's nothing she could create to reverse death.

Ranfa watched them cry over Midnight. Ranfa's eyes were red because she's been crying too. She looked very exhausted. "She couldn't be saved. I had to-" 

"Shut up!" Kirishima angrily shouted at Ranfa. He wanted to hit her but he couldn't bring himself to do it because a man should never hit a woman. He grasped her shoulders, gripping them harshly as he shook her, "Why did you do that?! You should have saved her!" 

"She wouldn't have made it-" 

"You don't know that!" 

"...when I found her, she could barely breathe. She was dying, Kirishima-" 

"So you put her out of her misery like a dog?! Did you ask us if we want that?! You're always so desperate to kill someone, Ranfa! What the fuck is wrong with you?! You couldn't kill the giant villain so you kill our teacher?!" He fell to his knees and he cried hard for Midnight to open her eyes and joke around like usual. He didn't want their teacher to lie there on the ground. "Sensei, open your eyes! Tell us you're joking! You still have a lot to teach us! Get up! Please!!!"

Ranfa reached her hand to touch Kirishima's shoulder- 

"Don't touch me! You killed our teacher! Don't touch me with your dirty hands!" 

"Ranfa-san, please leave us alone...please..." Yaoyorozu begged as she cried into her hands. 

Setsuna walked up to Yaoyorozu to break more heartbreaking news. Majestic died. Yaoyorozu broke down crying hard; the teachers and Heroes she looked up to were dying one by one. She will never hear their voice again even though she still had a lot to learn from them.

Ranfa didn't say anything and she agreed to leave them alone. Ranfa chose to walk away- 

"Why...WHY?!" Driven by sadness and blinded by the fact she did not understand a thing, Ashido lashed out at Ranfa wildly. "How could you be so heartless?! You didn't have to do much at all! You should have tried your best to save Midnight-sensei but you didn't do that! You made the choice to let me die- you made the choice to not save Sensei! You're always like this! You make the cruelest decision and you turn around to justify it somehow! Why can't you make the decision to make others happy?!" Ashido reached her hand at Ranfa's stomach!