Chapter 40: Epilogue

Nagisa POV
It had been a long time since that day, and a lot has happened that changed my life. For the better, of course.

Yuki grew up (way too fast if you ask me), graduated high school, went to college (for teaching, despite her acting talents), and followed in my footsteps. I had trained her up as my protege, and, with my and Sakura's help, she quickly became a great teacher.

Akari had been doing well too. She starred in many movies, even winning an Oscar for best lead actress. I argued that she deserved more awards, but she said Yuki and I were all the reward she needed.

Of course, things were going well for myself as well. Korogane's quickly became well known for its great teachers and success teaching students of all kinds. Even if we were on top of a mountain, a lot of people wanted us to teach them. So much so that I had to expand the satellite campus to hold more students!

But in all these years, my most proud moment was becoming a grandfather. Thanks to her wife's scientific research, Yuki was able to have two biological children of her own, twin girls actually. One had dark purple hair while the other had brownish black hair, just like their grandmothers. They grew up to be wonderful children, inheriting the best traits from their family. Confidence, intelligence, kindness, strength, gentleness, love, beauty, talent, more than you could ever ask for. They were perfect.

When I turned 65, I retired, handing over the school to Yuki, Sakura, and the new teachers. By the time I left, Korogane's has grown tremendously, even opening up multiple campuses all over Kunigugaoka and Tokyo. I was sure that in their hands, they could turn it into the top school in the country.

Akari decided to retire at the same time, so we could enjoy our retirement together. We ended up spending much of our time at our home in Okinawa.

Now we were both in our 90's. We had lived more than fulfilling lives. I had found friends, the love of my life, a family, a legacy to leave behind. Truly, a better life couldn't have been lived.

"I love you Akari"

"I love you too, Nagisa"

And with our hands together, heads resting on each other's, we passed into the next life. I couldn't wait to see where our true love would take us.