Chapter 4: Anmarina's Rage

09/12/4013 AD – 10:19 – Warturf – Generator Station – Ocean Surface

The surrounding members of both factions stared in shock as Anmarina beat Flaymaclaze into the water. The Angel of Fire rose up with an irritated look on his visor. Anmarina, who now wore a three-spiked combat helmet, blasted him back into the ocean with her water cannons that sprouted from the contraption on her back; her visor was red. Blood red. A blast of steam spread across the ocean; Flaymaclaze was rapidly evaporating the water around him, creating a sphere of empty space in the middle of the ocean.

"Who do you think you are?!" Flaymaclaze grunted. Anmarina didn't reply. She drew her holo swords and charged at the A.E.R. leader.

"Foolish move", Flaymaclaze outstretched his now flame-covered arm and launched a wave of fire at Anmarina. She threw her swords into the air and switched to Human form. Anmarina took the full blast of flames; her skin, hair, clothes; it was all severely burned. She shrugged off the pain, caught her swords, slashed at Flaymaclaze, and sliced off his right arm before diving past him and into the water. A glow emitted from beneath the waves; Anmarina was back in Wyperian form.

"You little b-" before Flaymaclaze could utter a single sentence, two harpoons fired from beneath the waves and pierced the Angel's armour. Anmarina reeled in the cables, dragging Flaymaclaze deep into the ocean. Flaymaclaze incinerated the harpoons and was immediately hit by a torpedo from the lower arm on Anmarina's backpack. Anmarina used the explosion to mask her approach, as she sped towards Flaymaclaze with her swords once again, using the turbines on her boots to propel herself. Flaymaclaze summoned two Angelic Cannons and started firing a series of rapid energy blasts to keep the Guardian at a distance. Anmarina couldn't approach, but his cannons weren't fast enough to hit her.

'I need to get above the water!' Flaymaclaze panicked. 'She's too fast down here!'

09/10/4013 AD – 10:21 – Warturf – Generator Station – Shutenghen

Elimiphlaren stared in amusement at the calm ocean surface as the chaotic fighting was out of sight. No one was fighting; it was like a real-life arena battle. Everyone was watching, waiting for the two to resurface.

"Commander Elimiphlaren?" an armoured soldier came up to him on the bridge of his Shutenghen.

"Hmm?" Elimiphlaren turned to address the soldier.

"Should we dispatch a submarine to help... or something?"

"Why would we do that?"

"That Wyperian's loadout is clearly focused on under-water combat, maybe the General needs our help?"

"Nah, he's fine".

"Excuse me, Sir?"

"Anmarina has 'a water pistol for a primary weapon'; our Angel-Deltricia will be fine", the smugness in Elimiphlaren's voice couldn't be any more apparent. He felt this would be a good chance to force Flaymaclaze to acknowledge that Anmarina, Dracolast and Olicleaver were all very real threats; they weren't just 'random unknowns' anymore.

09/12/4013 AD – 10:21 – Warturf – Generator Station – Carazstar

"What is going on?!" Sollikarr demanded to know.

"Erm, it looks like Anmarina is kicking the crap out of Flaymaclaze, Sir", came a reply from one of the nearby soldiers.