Chapter 62: Ancient Evil

08/02/4014 AD – 19:10 – Lavamelt – Mount Avilasa – A.E.R. Headquarters

"So... smph ha ahem... we're at the twenty-minute mark of the fight... how do you think it's going?" the news reporter was struggling to keep a straight face as he addressed his fellow reporter.

"I think Flaymaclaze is winning", said the second reporter.

"Oh? What makes you say that?"

"I'm a pathological liar".

"I see... oh! HA! Anyways, back to the fight".

"If you can call it that".

Flaymaclaze wasn't sure what to do. Him trying to take this fight seriously whilst his four opponents just constantly mess around was making him look like an idiot. And if he joined in with the idiocy, it would make the entire fight look like a joke and lose all meaning.

'Stop it!' Flaymaclaze metaphorically snapped himself out of it. 'All that matters is the outcome! I don't care about what the damn crowd thinks!' His wings began to roar with a bright, sinister, coating of flames. 'Brute force! That's how I'll do it!'

Anmarina waved her arm towards Flaymaclaze, "Hey, why don't you cool off for a bit? Shadow Ability: Hydrolather Bomb!" Bubbles fired into the Angel-Deltricia's chest and exploded, dealing another ten-percent damage. Flaymaclaze heated up his armour, quickly evaporating the water, and rushed at the group with his double-headed axe. With his free hand, he threw a fireball at Olicleaver before summoning and equipping his delta item grenade launcher. He fired a round at Hyperzio. He then unleashed the flames that were on his wings at Dracolast before rushing at Anmarina with the axe. Hyperzio and Dracolast shielded, Olicleaver dodged, and Anmarina created her hydro blades. Flaymaclaze ignored Anmarina and hurled the axe at Olicleaver who also shielded. Flaymaclaze retracted his wings, allowing him to quickly fall on top of Olicleaver and crash him into the surface. He grabbed his axe and started hammering down onto the white Wyperian's spherical shield. Olicleaver calculated the number of hits his shield could withstand and drew his Wing Shredder. Flaymaclaze surrounded the pair of them with flames, destroying the shield early and an unprepared Olicleaver had his left arm slashed off by the axe. Flaymaclaze grabbed the Wing Shredder.

"Olicleaver!" Hyperzio charged at Flaymaclaze with his claymore. Flaymaclaze blocked with a flaming axe. Hyperzio grunted and pulled his sword's trigger, electrocuting his opponent.

"You think I give a damn?!" Flaymaclaze reached out and pulled the claymore away from Hyperzio before tossing it into the flames.

Hyperzio boosted away before he could get hit by the following burst from the Wing-Shredder, 'Damn it! We can't use the majority of our arsenal with him standing so close to Olicleaver!'

"Hold on!" Anmarina was diving at the Angel of Fire from directly above, shielding as she did so. Flaymaclaze laughed as he used the SMG to obliterate the shield's integrity. Anmarina let loose an enormous build-up of water and turned the fire to steam. In the brief window of confusion, she grabbed Olicleaver and pulled him to safety.

"We're clear!" Anmarina announced. Hyperzio and Dracolast fired blindly into the steam with their bullet weapons. Flaymaclaze sacrificed the rest of his shield to allow him to safely climb the air above the two gunners. He fired a grenade between Hyperzio and Dracolast before dousing them with flames. The laughter around the world had certainly stopped. Millenicel, Alexis and Kira had arrived at the scene, landing a short distance away, atop a small hill. The news crew had flown their helicopter further away from the fight and were struggling to keep the camera still with their shaking hands. The Exploration Team spaced out and surrounded Flaymaclaze.