Chapter 50: Nightmare's End

08/02/4014 AD – 03:30 – Warturf – Shorophrou Port – Psykhodark Carazstar

"So that was the power that you didn't want us knowing about..." Olicleaver whimpered.

"Like Staruthia said, Hyperzio was the one that wanted that kept secret..." Millenicel replied.

"What was that anyway?" Kira asked. The three of them couldn't take their eyes away from Staruthia overlooking the massacre she had just committed.

"It's a tome of sorts for casting spells", came Millenicel's explanation. "It's an extremely advanced ability that lets you command whatever element you wield or, in this case, space".

"Huh?" Olicleaver said as both he and Kira both looked puzzled. "But the four elements are Water, Fire, Earth and Wind".

"Is that right?" Millenicel brought up a grid of four symbols. "Well the Ultrayan elements consist of Space, Time, Light, and Darkness".

"So what, the Sealia just gives you full dominance over that particular element? How is that any different than an Angel?" Kira asked.

"It's a trade-off: a Sealia can fully manipulate their element, but it can only do one thing at a time".

"I don't get it".

"Let's take Light for an example; one of its properties is its defensive capabilities. An Angel of Light could project this light barriers, blind their opponents or even partially restore health. The Light Sealia could do any of these actions better, but only one of them at a time. In addition, a Sealia can act as an attachment point; an Angel of Darkness can fire shaytrike beams, but only from their own body, but someone with the Dark Sealia could fire a singular shaytrike beam from wherever the Sealia is placed".

Olicleaver laughed, "So I suppose if you were an Angel of Light AND you obtained the Light Sealia you would..." the laughter died down as he stared out into the void.

"You're a little too smart for your own good, Olicleaver", Millenicel remarked.

Staruthia looked upon the fleeing ships as the waves and wind started to calm down, "Get back here!" the Sealia struggled to manifest on her hand.

Sollikarr joined her on the hangar rooftop, "Ruth, stop it! You're too exhausted!"

"Well how else do you expect us to fight back?!" she yelled. The hangar's speakerphones suddenly came to life.

"Like thiissss", it sang. The hangar started to vibrate intensely. The rooftop started to split open down the middle and unfold. Then the ground started to open up around where the main hangar once stood. Mountains filtered down to rubble and the sea became nothing more than a puddle in comparison to the gigantic object that was emerging from below the port itself. Staruthia and Sollikarr jumped from the crumbling shell and landed on top of the main building of rising ship. Hundreds of engines were lifting the large H-shaped object into the gloomy skies; if the ground wasn't being obscured with remnants of storm clouds, it was being covered in the shadow of this behemoth. It was six-hundred metres high, two-thousand-six-hundred metres wide and a colossal four-thousand metres long.

"Behold puny Humans!" Crystrx cheered over the old handset she was holding. "The Command Ship of the Ultrayan Alliance; the Lyshaspeare!" With her free hand, she grabbed a wired-trigger from the control desk in front of her. The dull-grey trigger hadn't been used in some time, and Crystrx knew why; she pulled down a hidden slider on the trigger and revealed a number pad.

'One-zero-zero-three-two-zero-one-seven', as the last digit was put in, one of the two triggers on the mechanism unlocked; Crystrx laughed as she pulled it. The front part of the H-shaped body of the Lyshaspeare started to open up several compartments along the inner edges of the H. Out came mirrors that turned to all point inwards. A hole opened up just beneath the giant building at the centre of the H-shape; what appeared to be a gun barrel emerged from within.

"Mirrors are aligned, Guardian Crystrx", an officer reported.

Crystrx looked menacingly at her controller as the second and final trigger sprang forward, just begging to be pulled, "Oh, I'm very aware thank you".

"YOU CAN'T!" Millenicel screamed down the comms. "Alexis has been captured!"

"Well, which ship is she on?!" Crystrx shouted back. "There are three, with one of them crashing down into the sea as we speak!"

"I believe I saw the assassins head to the third ship... but I don't really care either way", Staruthia sat down on top of the Lyshaspeare.

"I definitely saw Flaymaclaze, and his guys get on the third ship; it would make sense for them to all be meeting there".

"Right! Second ship it is!" Crystrx cheered as the command ship angled itself towards the designated Shutenghen.

"But we don't know!" Millenicel insisted; Kira could see the look of genuine care in Millenicel's visor as he pleaded to not fire.

"Second or Third, Millenicel; pick one! One of them is going to hell!" Crystrx snapped.

"... Second", Millenicel replied weakly. He connected his visor wirelessly to the main monitor in the room: the monitor was showing the 'Ally Status' screen and Alexis's name was still brightly lit up. Kira held her breath.

"Alright!" Crystrx cheered one last time. "Miracle Spear: FIRE!" she squeezed the trigger. Beams of light emitted from the edges of the mirrors, and all bounced off each other to make a grid of bright yellow wires. The command ship started to shake as a massive amount of energy built up in the primary gun barrel. The energy released, absorbed all of the light from the grid, and reflected along the mirrored edges until there was a bright was a flash of light. For a brief moment, the night became day as the chaotic beam of volatile light blazed towards the Shutenghen that was in the lead. This so-called 'Miracle Spear' cut directly through the middle of A.E.R.'s ship. Whereas the Turi Cannon could tear a hole through the width of a Shutenghen, the Miracle Spear sliced the thing in half down its length. A series of explosions followed and what little debris remained collapsed into the abused waters below.

After seeing that display of power, Kira couldn't even bare to look at the Ally Status.

Olicleaver took a peek, "Don't worry Kira, we guessed correctly..."

Kira beamed as she saw Alexis's name fully intact but still felt the need to say, "Please don't say 'guessed' in the future".

"So are we going to try and knock out the engines of the third one?" an officer asked.

"We can't, even putting any feeling for Lexi aside; it's out of range now", Millenicel said regrettably. "Besides, I think we should take a break. Everyone besides Team A has to be completely exhausted... and we can fit what's left of said Team A on two Carazstars". He jumped on the U.A.'s global communications, "This is my last order before handing over command back to General Staruthia: get some rest. If you're disappointed that the 'war didn't end today, we'll still have twelve hours left if everyone gets a good nine hours of rest".

"But I'm not tired!" Kira insisted.

"Typical teenagers", Millenicel sighed. "Just wait until the adrenaline wears off".

"Pfft, we assassins worked long night shifts before! This is nothing new!"

"Oh yeah? And I'm sure your briefings were nice and early so you could head off to sleep afterwards?"

"Well I guess so... but I won't rest until I've rescued Alexis! Just watch me!"

08/02/4014 AD – 10:14 – Warturf – Shorophrou Port – Psykhodark Carazstar

Kira woke up in a warm, comfortable bed, "DAMN IT!"