Chapter 65: Divine Assault

08/02/4014 AD – 20:44 – Lavamelt – Skies above the Nuclear Wasteland – Lyshaspeare

Damage reports flooded into the Lyshaspeare. No ships had suffered fatal damage, but many were now missing a significant portion; one had even lost its engines and was now struggling to make an emergency landing somewhere to the sides of crater below. Crystrx struggled to think of a plan of attack, or at least a plan of defence.

"Ma'am, Flaaregon is starting to rise above the fleet!" a bridge officer called out.

"Is it trying to escape? Should we just let it go?!" another responded.

"No... the legends are always clear", Crystrx mumbled. "Flaaregon annihilates everything that disrespects it. That's why people were forced to worship it. It's no Deity... it's just a manipulative psychopath!" Crystrx's rage began to grow as she watched the phoenix fly above them. One of its talons pulled off a pair of energy batteries that were still pointlessly firing at it.

"It almost seems like it is enjoying this..." Crystrx looked on at how the creature appeared to be causing more damage than it needed to, using weak attacks rather than just blowing up the ships completely. Crystrx shook herself out of it, "We need to realign the Lyshaspeare, so the Miracle Spear is pointing at Flaaregon!"

"No don't!" Hyperzio called out over comms. "We need to force Flaaregon back to the ground! We may have more opportunities to shoot at it, but it can also fire at us from multiple angles! Elimiphlaren, I'm sure you would find it much harder to block those fire attacks if they were omni-directional".

"That's correct", Elimiphlaren grunted.

"So how do you propose we get it back down to the surface?" Crystrx asked as she watched the Saberails rotate to aim at Flaaregon.

"Simple!" Hyperzio nodded at Anmarina who was washing the scorch marks off her armour. "We force Flaaregon to realise how dangerous the skies are!"

There was a rumble throughout the clouds; they began to look less like smoke clouds and more like heavy rain clouds. A shower of water descended upon the battlefield, as water came within a certain range of the phoenix, the water simply turned into puffs of steam. It ignored the rain and carried on burning ships.

"And what is that supposed to do?!" Crystrx yelled. "A little rainstorm is nothing!"

"Yes, but what is a storm without lightning?" Hyperzio grinned as multiple bolts of electricity struck Flaaregon from multiple angles. "You have your head in the clouds, little birdy; how do you intend to block when you have no time to react?" One of Flaaregon's tails aimed at Hyperzio and blasted a stream of fire towards him.

"Oh please!" Anmarina stood in front of her friend and used the rain to enhance her water abilities. She created a barrier of the aquatic element and effortlessly blocked the attack. "You're a good six-thousand meters away from us! We have all the time in the world to prepare for it!" As Flaaregon looked down angrily, its beak was pelted with a pair of Saberail rounds.

"Haha! It'll be hard for us to miss from here!" a Lyshaspeare bridge officer cheered.

Relical appeared and fired at all four of Flaaregon's tails at once; two of his pillars to each tail with the remaining two shooting him in the eyes, "You can't evade up here, can you?" The Deity appeared to flinch.

"I figured as much", Relical laughed as he opened up an open communications channel. "The crystals on its tail, I don't know if I would go as far as to say they are weak points, but I can confirm that Flaaregon is at least sensitive in those areas". The bird glared at Relical and let loose a breath of flames in his direction. Relical called back his pillar units and stacked them up to form a barrier.