Chapter 59: Connected Destinies

08/02/4014 AD – 17:14 – Lavamelt – Mount Avilasa – Nearby Wastelands

The red I.O.T.A. pod was covered in sandy dust as a result of the brutal impact it had when crashing in the middle of the fight between Alexis and the assassins. All three assassins aimed their sniper rifles at the door facing them whilst Alexis shifted around to get a look at said door. There was a brief moment of silence as everyone eagerly awaited to see who was inside; the fact that it was an I.O.T.A. suggested that it was Alliance reinforcements, but Alexis drew one of her Moirais regardless. The red hatch split down the middle before opening and then blasting off to the sides. The assassins lowered their weapons as a masked Kira stepped out and dusted herself off. She scanned the area before her eyes focused on Alexis, still pointing her Moirai at the redhead; Alexis was in such a state that she had been unable to put two and two together.

'So it's true...' Kira walked up to Alexis, taking off her mask as she did. "Hey, sis".

"Kira?" the shock caused Alexis to drop both of her weapons to the ground.

"Haha, yeah", Kira smiled softly. "It's almost been nine years, so I don't blame you for wanting proof". She happily grabbed her custom Moirai from her belt and threw it at her sister. Alexis grabbed it and turned it over; her own name was engraved into the side of it. An enormous smile decorated Alexis's face as she ran to Kira and hugged her tightly.

Kira's tears of happiness quickly dried up as she shot the assassin's a fierce glare, "Care to explain?!"

"I didn't know! I swear it!" Skullurst was the first to submit to the glance of death. "I only found out after we captured her!"

"I didn't know either", Stabshan wasn't affected by Kira in the slightest. "But to be honest, I doubt I would have said anything if I did know".

Kira raised an eyebrow, "You don't say. And what about you, 'boss'; you expect me to believe that you didn't know about my sister's fate".

"Huh?" if Stealphire was in Human form, he would be dehydrated from the amount of sweat he would be expelling. "Fate? Wouldn't Destiny be a more appropriate wor-"

"I AM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR PUNS!" Kira screeched as she let go of Alexis. "Now did you, or did you not know that Lexi was alive?!"

"Um... no?" Stealphire began to take aim at his former employee with the Lapacues that were still in the air.

Kira put her mask back on and drew a holo sword from her belt, "Is this really the way you want to do this?"

"She's right!" Skullurst cut in. "What if Lexi joined with us instead?"

"No".

"No".

"No".

"Not a chance", Alexis ended the debate as everyone else disagreed.

"She's already made up her mind about everything ", Stealphire said as he fired at Kira.

Kira cut all of the bullets out of the air with rapid, precise, slashes of the holo sword. The group stood in awe as they watched the rage build up inside the ex-assassin.

Alexis snapped out of it and fired her Moirai at the P.C.U.s destroying one of them. She then leaped back and retrieved the weapons she had previously dropped.

"Lexi! Give me back my pistol!" Kira asked.

"Here!" Alexis threw a Moirai at Kira who caught it without looking.

"Thanks- huh?" Kira was stunned as she looked back at a Moirai with an extended-barrel, no stabilizer and the name 'Lexi' carved into it.

"We never truly left each other's side", Alexis smiled as she equipped Kira's old Moirai. "Would you rather have this one?"