Chapter 43: Starless Night

20/07/3977 AD – 21:49 – Warturf – Shorophrou Port – Construction Site

The night's sky was full of beautiful lights: shining stars and a full moon illuminated the cloudless skies. All throughout the colourful port, Wyperians working the night-shift were carrying metal support beams for the various new buildings that were being built; naturally, they weren't building during the night, but day-shift workers found it convenient to have all the parts they needed to begin construction as soon as the shift started. The birth of Shorophrou Port was streaming with life; the locals were even volunteering; their town has finally been given their own signature purpose.

Walking down the multi-coloured stone paths, were three Wyperians in Human form: a man with brown hair and brown eyes dressed in a smart, yet casual, red and black chequered shirt and blue jeans. Joining him was a woman with matching brown hair and emerald-green eyes; she was wearing a pink summer dress and a velvet cardigan. In between the two, was a little girl in a short, white dress as she held her one of each parent's hands in her own small soft palms; her light-brown hair was waving gently in the quiet wind.

"This place sure is pretty at night!" the daughter smiled as looked around.

"Yes, it is, Starnava!" a forty-two-year-old Staruthia agreed. "The only ugly thing is that", she nodded towards an energy cannon being fitted into the front of large building.

A forty-four-year-old Novaran sighed, "Look, Sergeant Flaymaclaze suggested that we equip our new Lyshaspeare Flagship with a few military options just in case of a war".

"There isn't going to be a war! There will never be a war! Ultraya is at peace!" the wife snapped.

"You don't know that!" Novaran insisted.

"Eh... I still believe that Flaymaclaze is untrustworthy".

"He's able to manage practically the entirety of Lavamelt's volcano problems by himself; I think we can give him some credit this one time".

"Mummy, Daddy, what are you talking about? What is that thing?" Starnava looked at the cannon with confusion.

"Oh it fires a massive laser beam! In case of... er... space rocks!" Novaran smiled.

"Oh! Oh! We could use it to shoot the big bad fire bird!" Starnava broke free of her parent's grip.

"The big... fire bird?" Novaran repeated.

"Yeah! It's a bird that shoots fire! We learned about it in school!" Starnava's eyes beamed with joy and excitement.

"... I think I need to have a word with your teachers", Staruthia frowned sarcastically.

"Oh come on, she's six!" Novaran laughed. "They are hardly going to be teaching some advanced quadratic equations, are they?"

"Hmm I guess... speaking of being six", Staruthia picked up her daughter. "It is wayyyy past your bedtime young lady! We took you to see the pretty lights, now remember what you promised: straight to bed when we get home!"

"Awwh... fine", Starnava hugged her mum. "Can we come back here when this place is finished? Just the three of us?"

"Of course we can!" Novaran smiled. "Just the three of us, on a night with a clear starry sky and even more beautiful lights to fill this peaceful port".

"Port?" Starnava started to fall asleep.

"Er place with all the boats".

"Oh yay! Thankyou mummy; thankyou daddy. I love you".