Chapter 61: Last Stand

08/02/4014 AD – 18:46 – Lavamelt – Mount Avilasa – A.E.R. Headquarters

"It doesn't matter in the slightest", Hyperzio carried on his explanation as to why the fact that he is indeed the real reincarnation of the Ayratulia that saved the Earth does not matter. Everyone that was currently watching the news was glued to their screens. Flaymaclaze stood there in shock as he tried to calculate what Hyperzio's angle was, what benefit announcing that he may not be the real Ayratulia was.

"General Flaymaclaze, the original four Angel-Ayratulia wished for the Earth to be saved! Not just that, but for Humans to be able to live in harmony with Wyperians!" Hyperzio explained. "Whether you believe my claim that I was one of the four that made a wish is irrelevant, what I just said is an undeniable fact! All that the Ultrayan Alliance wants to do right now is live in peace!" Hyperzio offered his hand to Flaymaclaze. "Let's end this war, right now!" Anmarina, Dracolast, Olicleaver, and Elimiphlaren all backed away, allowing the cameras to capture the sincerity of Hyperzio's desire for peace.

Flaymaclaze looked around in a desperate state of panic. He needed some kind of reason to avoid this handshake. With how much killing he had been doing, surely he was close to the rank of Angel-Ayratulia for himself? 'Just a couple more high-ranking kills! Think, Flaymaclaze, think!' Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.

"Well why should the A.E.R. have to surrender to you? Why don't you surrender to us? Then the war would be over either way!"

Hyperzio looked confused, "Because you're massively outmatched?" The news team cameras zoomed out and panned around to show the audience the large fleet hanging over their heads.

"Pfft, you have more numbers, that doesn't make you stronger!" Flaymaclaze laughed.

"What? No one said-"

"Then I say we see who is stronger! You, Anmarina, and the other two against me! Losing team has to surrender!" Flaymaclaze posed for the camera like a stubborn child.

"Huh, 'the other two'?" Olicleaver repeated sarcastically.

"Why the hell would we agree to that?!" Hyperzio shouted. "We've already-"

"Now, now, children", came a voice from above; Jonathon Drivra landed before the group before turning to Flaymaclaze. "So you're saying that if you lose, you'll just give up?"

"Jonathon, what are you-" Hyperzio was cut off.

"Why yes!" Flaymaclaze saw his chance.

"And if you don't stay true to your word, that base will go bye-bye?" Jonathon pointed over to the A.E.R.'s H.Q.

"Why of course! That would be dishonest if I said anything else!" Flaymaclaze played along.

"Then we graciously accept your offer!" Jonathon shook Flaymaclaze's hand before he flew off back to his Spaciairrer.

"WHAT?!" Hyperzio screeched. "Drivra, you can't just make decisions like that! Get back here!" he extended his yellow Angel wings.

"Running away?" Flaymaclaze smirked.

"Ugh!" Hyperzio grunted. 'Damn you, Drivra!'

As soon as Jonathon landed on the top deck of the Human base ship, he was flooded with hundreds of communication requests from all over the Alliance.

Fated was on the deck to greet him, "Erm, Sir? What was the point in that?"

Jonathon barged past him, "Payback".