Chapter 44: Pure Hatred

08/02/4014 AD – 00:50 – Warturf – Psykhodark H.Q.

"Come on, now! Aren't you supposed to kill me?!" Shadow laughed manically as her arm-slasher clashed with Veilure's holo swords. Veilure used psyka to push her opponent back and take swings whilst Shadow was knocked off balance.

Alexis's Shadow grunted, but then smiled as she around for at Millenicel, "Milleny, sweetie, would you mind doing your psyka E.M.P. again? This wannabe is annoying me... Milleny? Where did you go?"

Veilure snickered, "Are you that dense? You wished him well on his quest to get his A.I. back".

"What. Did. You. Just. Call. Me?" Shadow glared at Veilure with haunting, dark-red eyes.

"D-E-N-S-E", Veilure mimicked.

"Shut up! You were the one that was so dense that she killed her own son! He's never coming back; you stabbed him!"

"You're correct; I'll probably end up killing myself. But before I do that, I'm going to take you out!" Veilure used psyka to pull her staff into her free hand.

"Don't worry, I'll do it for you!" Shadow split into three identical copies and charged at her opponent.

"The left one", Coru spoke up.

"Got it!" Veilure pointed the crystal end of her staff at the designated Shadow and fired a bolt of shaytrike energy. The dark-purple bolt struck Shadow in the chest and sent her spiralling backwards; the other two illusions disappeared.

"What?!" Shadow panicked briefly but then she chuckled and pulled out a Mulrhad.

"It's fake; don't shield; strike again", Coru informed his partner. Veilure did as she was recommended and fired another bolt, this time launching Shadow into a wall with a forceful thud. The witch spat blood in pain.

"Grrrrr!" Shadow was frustrated. "How can that worthless A.I. see what I am doing?!"

"I'm a machine", Coru replied, speaking through Veilure's voice box.

"So are all the Wyperians!"

"Incorrect".

"Fine! You know what? Screw this!" Alexis's eyes returned to their beautiful blue and her hair became golden once again; she began to gasp for air.

"Where- where am I?!" she looked all over her gear. "My Moirai! Where is it?!" The girl saw it across the ground from her and leapt to it. She picked it up, gave it a hug, then only just noticed the Psykhodark leader. "Veilure?!" She leapt to her feet and nervously pointed the weapon at Veilure's head. "Stay back!"

Veilure lowered her staff, "Wait... Alexis? What was the last thing you remember?"

Alexis? paused for a moment, "Why... you letting your guard down of course!" She pulled the trigger.

"S^*@!" Coru quickly overclocked Veilure's systems, took over and threw her to the side; the bullet from the Moirai blew half of her head off, only just missing the processing unit.

"Hahahaha!" Alexis?'s hair flicked back to black and her eyes to red. "For you see, it was I all along!" Shadow's sinister presence and mocking tone had returned.

"Coru can distinguish between the illusions, so I figured that, if it looked as though nothing was different, there would be no need to inform Veilure. After all, you would have just seen your host talking to the same girl just with different colours! It's what we call acting!"

"Elite Veilure! Get up!" Coru begged as he knew that controlling her body by himself would not be easy. But it was no use; she was out cold.

"You may want to eject, Coru", Shadow walked steadily towards the pair. "Head back to your inferior rip-off of my armour. She is as good as-" Shadow stopped. Or more accurately, she was forced to stop. Her leg had been covered in a thick layer of ice, locking her to the rapidly-cooling ground.