Chapter 57: Rainbow Crystal

08/02/4014 AD – 16:32 – Lavamelt – Mount Avilasa – Hidden Temple – Summit

The top of the pyramid was obscured with flames. A singular blast from Elimiphlaren's Shadow Ability had resulted in a Human form Anmarina lying flat on the floor.

"How did you- use that without saying it?" Anmarina said weakly.

"I simply whispered it; you talk too much to be able to notice these things", Elimiphlaren stated boldly. "You have lost".

"Like hell!" Anmarina got up immediately and engaged Emergency Mode. "I still have one percent left!"

"Anmarina... that isn't how Arena fights work", Elimiphlaren sighed. "You can't cheat".

"You said this isn't a game!" Anmarina spat. "The only rule for the fight was to deplete the other's health gauge!"

Another sigh came from Elimiphlaren's mouth, "Very well then". 'A single hit will take her out. And she can't switch forms again; E-Mode's penalty is that once used, your health must be restored to one-hundred percent before you can switch to Wyperian form again'.

Anmarina yelled a battle cry as she charged at Elimiphlaren with water surrounding her arms.

'Is she really dumb enough to try another forward charge with her water blades?' Elimiphlaren created a ball of fire in his palm and threw it. The water surrounding Anmarina's right arm dispersed, revealing her Angelic Cannon. She fired it.

'She was concealing her cannon?!' Elimiphlaren panicked as the energy blast swallowed his puny fireball and shattered his spherical shield. "Flames of Revenge!" he called out as several waves of fiery vengeance rushed towards Anmarina. The girl retaliated by releasing as much water as she could in front of her, forming a shield. The fire attack was completely negated, but Anmarina had activated her spherical shield just in case. Steam exploded throughout the summit prism; neither combatant could see. Anmarina leaked water onto the ground to lightly cover the floor. She heard splashing footsteps to her left. Anmarina waved her hand to the left and all of the water immediately threw itself at Elimiphlaren, throwing him against the energy wall and knocking off ten-percent of his health.

"Hmm, clever..." Elimiphlaren admitted once the steam had cleared. The Angel of Water was standing firm with her hands covered in rushing water in a defensive stance.

"But that trick won't work twice!" he formed and hurled a series of fireballs at his opponent, who simply slashed them out of the way with her water blades. The Angel of Fire smirked as he fired his Angelic Cannon which was being concealed by flames in a similar fashion to Anmarina's own manoeuvre. She summoned her own cannon and watched the incoming blast.

'Yes, intercept my beam with you own! Then whilst you recover from the blast's force, I shall end this!' Elimiphlaren began to manipulate fire in his free hand. But Anmarina did not do as predicted. She allowed the blast to crash into her shield and once it was shattered, she retaliated with her own cannon. The blast hit the unprepared Quadria and reduced his health to twenty-five percent.

Anmarina's heart was racing. Her body was shaking. Her headache was worsening. She just wanted to sleep. She wanted to sleep but she needed to stay awake and finish this. She was running out of moves to make. "S-so h-how much health are you on?"

"Quit stalling", Elimiphlaren began to build up another wave of fire.

"R-right", Anmarina gave out a nervous laugh as she reached for her assault rifles and aimed it one-handed at Elimiphlaren.