Chapter 15: Dramatic Change

12/12/4013 AD – 19:21 – Warturf – Alantraya Outskirts – Tri-Carazstar

The cool evening wind didn't reflect the chaotic environment that surrounded the city of Alantraya. Sollikarr was on the bridge of a Tri-Carazstar, struggling to issue orders to the ever-changing state of the battlefield. The stress made him desire a quiet lie-down along with a cold drink. He got yet another update of a significant event; Finalrage, the C.Q.C. A.M.R. piloted by Vice had been destroyed. Sollikarr panicked but then saw that his 'ally status' screen now displayed '/ Vice' after Crystrx's name. He had not seen that before, but it didn't take a genius to figure out that meant Vice had been transferred to the Guardian. Sollikarr was unsure whether to be more panicked or less panicked at this revelation. All he knew is that he had a bad feeling; the question was whether or not the bad feeling was for the Ultrayan Alliance or for the Anti-Earth Rebellion.

12/12/4013 AD – 19:22 – Warturf – Alantraya Outskirts - Shutenghen

Crystrx stumbled along the broken, corpse-filled corridor towards the bridge; her health was almost at full, but she felt... off. Her visor was receiving some sort of interference and her stomach felt sick, despite being in Wyperian form.

"Interesting, whilst I am able to move your body for you, I cannot find the option that generates crystals", Vice commented from within.

"Shut... up!" Crystrx panted. "My crystal generation is an anomaly; it isn't consistent with anything else! Therefore, you cannot activate my crystals and therefore you should not be looking around my head!"

"Well then you would mind forming a crystal for me?" Vice asked politely.

"Fine! Take it!" Crystrx obeyed, and a long pointed, crystalline javelin materialised in her palm. Crystrx suddenly spun around and threw her spear, skewering an enemy soldier that was lying on the ground square in the chest.

"That guy was playing dead", Vice clarified.

"What the-? Did- did you just take control of me?" Crystrx panicked.

"Relax", Vice laughed. "We can only take control of mechanical things, and even if we did, the owner's willpower overrides ours. Think of us as an added reflex".

"But I don't want that!" Crystrx shouted.

"Then just switch to Human form!"

"I'm not switching to that pitiful state whilst I'm onboard an enemy base ship!"

"Well then just shut up and deal with it".

"No! I don't want you to take control for 'reflex actions'!"

"Even if it was to save your life? To avoid an attack you were unaware of?"

"Yes, even then; especially then!" Crystrx stubbornly commanded. "Look, if you want to take control, just ask. But I don't want you supporting me without permission; I don't want to rely on a reflex I will not have if you aren't in my A.I. computer chip!"

"Very well then", Vice obeyed.

Crystrx and Vice approached the entrance to the bridge. It was a wide, sliding door with two luminous red stripes running down the middle of each half.

"Hmm it seems like they have locked it", Vice concluded.

"Are these guys idiots?!" Crystrx pointed her arm at the door and launched a rocket from her arm-guards, blowing the door open. "What a waste of time that was". Two guards rushed Crystrx through the smoke with holo swords. Crystrx side-stepped, grabbed one of them by the throat and threw him into the other. She then threw a longer-than-usual spear through both of their chests.