Chapter 10: Deserved Rest

09/12/4013 AD – 12:59 – Warturf – Generator Station – Rocky Grounds

All of the U.A.'s forces had landed on the grounds adjacent to the Generator Station. The Humans were pretty pleased with themselves, the Wyperians not so much. Alexis Destiny was stood, looking smug, watching over the Humans from the regular military struggling to move all of the corpses she had created off the battlefield. Enemy soldiers, who had been captured or had been forced to surrender, were helping to identify those that had been slain.

"Agent Destiny! Get down here in and help!" ordered her superior officer.

"Right, right; guess I have to do everything around here", Alexis started to move but suddenly stopped when she heard the sound of descending thrusters; Fated dropped down from the sky, landing before her.

"Miss Destiny, the high-ranking officers are meeting on top of the cavern leading to the Tri-Tower facility", Fated stated.

"Why are you telling me this?" asked Alexis.

"The high vantage point shall allow those gathered to better assess the local situa-" Fated was cut off.

"No I mean, why do I need to know that the high ranks are talking?" Alexis clarified. "They'll tell my senior officer who will, in turn, relay that information to me".

"Even though you are only ranked as a Corporal, you have been identified as an Elite-class unit by Alpha, Vice and I", Fated explained.

"Oh, really?" Alexis's curiosity peaked, and she couldn't help but smirk over at her now former commanding officer.

The sky above the Tri-Towers was colourful and bright; white, fluffy clouds were scattered across the blue skies and the golden sun was shining brilliantly. It was a great contrast to the ground below, riddled with artillery, blood, and metal. Murky oceans had been corrupted with pollution and sunken ships were left at the bottom of the ocean; removing them didn't seem like a high-priority move right now. Crystrx, Dracolast, Olicleaver, Staruthia, Sollikarr, Millenicel, Relical, and Anmarina were having a meeting; the former three were in Human form due to their injuries as they currently had no way to get to a modification chamber and recover. Jonathon, with Vice inside his A.I. chip, and Alpha were also present. They were discussing the smaller details of the last battle, including the number of remaining base ships and what to do with them. Fated and Alexis flew up the rocky walls and joined the group.

"This is the woman I was talking about", Fated said as he arrived. The group stared at Alexis.

"Oh! Er... hello, my name is Corporal Alexis Destiny!" she announced; her tone was much more respectful compared to how she spoke with her Sergeant.

"A Corporal? She has a custom A.M.R, but why should we care?" Millenicel said.

"You want to find out, hot shot?!" Alexis's calm attitude dropped as she pointed her SMG at Millenicel.

"Pointing a weapon at a superior officer?" Millenicel activated his Spherical Shield just in case. "That's a serious military crime".

"Your words to me are the same as your shield is to my weapon", Alexis laughed devilishly as she fired her SMG. Like before, the bullets pierced Millenicel's shield and destroyed his two top-right P.C.U.s that were currently docked "We don't care about either of them". The Wyperians looked at her in shock.

"Where did you get that from?" Relical asked.

"My gun? I made it", confirmed Alexis.

"You mean your 'daddy' made it for you", Jonathon said under his breath.